No announcement yet.

SERIOUS INJURY: Hopkins to Undergo 6 Weeks of Shoulder Therapy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    This injury will be the descent of Hopkins.

He will not be able to train like he used too... he may stay in the gym, but what he can do will be significantly limited.

The main reason Hopkins stays successful at this age, is he never lets himself get "out of shape". He's always training, always in the gym.. so that when training camp comes, it's not such a huge impact on his body to go from out of shape, to fight shape... he goes from in shape... to fight shape.

It will be hard for him to stay "in shape" with this injury.

Sure... he can Run, do ab work etc... but you have to be able to do much more than that to be in in boxing shape...

At almost 47 years old, this injury will take awhile to heal, and could very well come back when he does go back into training, or even in the middle of a fight..
    The same thing went through my mind except that i wouldnt completely rule him out. 6 weeks really aint that bad, he'll be through with that early January.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      Remember when Jay Cutler of the chicago bears got injured against the packers last year and everyone and their mama suddenly became doctors and said he was faking and that "if I were him I would have played!" and took a giant dump on him?

Then it turned out he truly was injured?

yeah. Similar thing here with hopkins. It's easy to watch on the seat of your couch or computer chair and say "oh he quit! he's faking" versus being the actual person who went through the injury the first place.

Could Jay Cutler have continued? Probably. Probably would have got killed and injured even more being that he was getting sacked every 3-5 plays and possibly ruined his entire career. Could hopkins have continued? Probably. With limited use of one arm and would have surly lost with only the right hand to operate with, not too mention risks further injury.

Everyone on this site is a warrior who would fight with two broken arms, one eye, 18 cuts, a nosebleed and a broken leg. Without question.
      this^^^^^^

Comment

[QUOTE=ИATAS206;11320696]Remember when Jay Cutler of the chicago bears got injured against the packers last year and everyone and their mama suddenly became doctors and said he was faking and that "if I were him I would have played!" and took a giant dump on him?

yeah. Similar thing here with hopkins. It's easy to watch on the seat of your couch or computer chair and say "oh he quit! he's faking" versus being the actual person who went through the injury the first place.

Could Jay Cutler have continued? Probably. Probably would have got killed and injured even more being that he was getting sacked every 3-5 plays and possibly ruined his entire career. Could hopkins have continued? Probably. With limited use of one arm and would have surly lost with only the right hand to operate with, not too mention risks further injury.

Everyone on this site is a warrior who would fight with two broken arms, one eye, 18 cuts, a nosebleed and a broken leg. Without question.[/QUOTE]

Co-****ing-sign this. And I'm gonna come out and say it and I don't care who I offend - Boxingscene is full of pu55ies. Apart from the knowledgable, sane posters who stay out of stupid ****, the rest of the users have got to the biggest internet warriors I've ever met. Bunch of pu55ies.

Comment

I cant believe their aint 100 posts yet sayen sure Hop can say that but wheres the proof...lol..it'l come soon enough i know...then I can see it now...when he shows the proof..."suuuure anyone can fake one of those or pay a dr to give them that false report" lol....

Comment

Must be a grade I-II AC dislocation like i suspected hence the lack of any visible damage on the shoulder.

Comment

Remember when Jay Cutler of the chicago bears got injured against the packers last year and everyone and their mama suddenly became doctors and said he was faking and that "if I were him I would have played!" and took a giant dump on him?

Everyone on this site is a warrior who would fight with two broken arms, one eye, 18 cuts, a nosebleed and a broken leg. Without question.
              It's 100% Bernard's fault for people not believing him. Had he not built a history of faking nobody would accuse him. If any body in boxing would be suspected of faking an injury then Hopkins would be second to none. When you cry wolf over and over and there is no wolf don't expect sympathy when nobody responds and your 46 year old ass gets eaten up. You're talking as if people have absolutely no motive to suspect Hopkins of faking when the actuality is that we have more motive than we need.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                I bet on Hopkins, I was heavily supporting Hopkins. If you believe Dawson is criminally responsible. You are simply a d*ckhead. Hopkins lounged himself onto Dawson, how exactly did you want Dawson to remove Hopkins from his back?
                He should have politely given him a piggy-back around the ring. He didn't so...jail!

Comment

Well said man. It's a shame other members can't see it this way, and "insist" that Bernard looked for an easy opportunity to quit.

Are you kidding me? Bernard's never done this throughout his whole career. Even when Pascal had Bernard down 3 times in their first fight - (especially considering Bernard hadn't been knocked down for years prior to that) - Bernard didn't look for a way out.

Sure, he resorts to gamesmanship to try and bide some time in the ring, but he certainly wouldn't quit. Especially against the feather fisted Dawson

Comment

Whats the diagnosis?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Whats the diagnosis?
                      Bernard Hopkins says that an MRI of of his left shoulder reaffirmed he has a separated acromioclavicular, or AC joint, which connects the collar bone and shoulder blade, following a doctor's visit on Friday morning.
                      "I just left the doctor's office. They've diagnosed the same thing that they said that I had in California after the fight. They will have to re-evaluate it after I go through my rehab," said Hopkins, who received his his initial MRI on Monday and said that he has been "taking 500 milligrams of Motrin" for the pain.
                      "They said that I have to set up a thing with rehab. I have about six-to-eight weeks where I have to be able to go though rehabilitation and recovery from this injury. Then I've got to wait for the doctor to give me another evaluation after six-to-eight weeks."

Comment

Working...
                      X