• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ortiz: "I brought the drug testers to the movies, and take them to lunch"

Answering Mayweather's (and nature's) call
    September, 14, 2011
    By Kieran Mulvaney
    ESPN

As did Shane Mosley last year, Victor Ortiz had to agree to submit to random drug tests as a condition of being able to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. He says he has been tested "more times than I count," but claims adhering to the protocol has imposed only minor -- albeit sometimes uncomfortable -- inconveniences.

"The drug testing has been perfectly fine. It doesn't bother me. I have nothing to hide," Ortiz said. "The only thing that kind of conflicts sometimes is that I might be at the gym or something, or going to the movies, and they'll call and say, 'Hey, we're at your house,' and I'm like, 'Ohhh, that's right.' So then [I have to turn to my friends and say], 'Hey guys, I'll catch up with you in a while.' And then I can't go to the bathroom, so I [look at the testers and say] 'Hey, you want to go to the movies?' I bring them everywhere with me, man. I take them to lunch with me.

"There's also been a situation when I've got to use the bathroom and then I get a call. I'm like, 'Oh no. Where are you guys at?' 'We're at your house.' 'OK, OK. Here we go, here we go.' And I get home and rush into my house and I'm like, 'We gotta do this right now. I've gotta go, man.' It's probably a 10-minute drive from my gym to my house. Not very far at all. But when you've gotta go, you've gotta go, man."
    http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blo...r-natures-call

Meanwhile Pacroid runs like a b1tch. Oh that's right... testing is a "non-issue' now -- except of course that he's going to hide in the PhilEPOeans for all his training to duck and dodge the USADA.

Comment

No problems over here.

Comment

Will people shut up now about the random tests?

Comment

sounds incredibly annoying

Comment

How sweet...like on a date.

Comment

Hmmm wining and dining the testers?

Seems kinda wrong

Comment

Kind of makes it sound like he doesn't have any friends.

Comment

Comment

Bububububub, they aren't testing.

Y'all can shut the **** up now.

Comment

Working...
                    X