No announcement yet.

Why Lewis didn't fight Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Lewis didn't fight Ruiz

Ok relax Lewis fans! I am not gonna come here and say Lennox ducked RUIZ, of all people. But I just don't understand why he would rather give up the WBA belt than fight him...yes, Ruiz was an ugly fighter with a boring style, but Lewis has been in such fights before. Why would he lose his undisputed championship rather than fighting Ruiz? I think there might be one reason: Lewis liked to bully his opponents. Ruiz was a bully himself and he was a strong man. Not stronger than Lewis, but Lewis wouldn't be able to bully him as much. I guess he knew from the Golota fight that Michael Grant was a wimp, I mean he got beaten up and bullied by a guy smaller than himself! Thats why he chose to fight Grant instead.
    Last edited by Pastrano; 05-27-2011, 10:09 AM.

Real simple: Grant was HBO's newest overhyped star and there was good money to be made matching him up with Lewis. Who the hell would want to televise a money losing stinker like a matchup with Ruiz? Hindsight maybe 20/20 but at the time Grant was thought of much more highly than Ruiz even by Ring Magazine. Everyone knew Ruiz was a joke and a particularly unwatchable joke at that.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Real simple: Grant was HBO's newest overhyped star and there was good money to be made matching him up with Lewis. Who the hell would want to televise a money losing stinker like a matchup with Ruiz? Hindsight maybe 20/20 but at the time Grant was thought of much more highly than Ruiz even by Ring Magazine. Everyone knew Ruiz was a joke and a particularly unwatchable joke at that.
      Poet
      The truth.

Comment

I wish more fighters' had refused to fight Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
          I wish more fighters' had refused to fight Ruiz.
          Amen Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet
            Harsh but true. I find the claim that Lewis ducked JOHN RUIZ to be laughable. It's John Ruiz, people. His nickname is the Quiet Man. Do the math.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              Harsh but true. I find the claim that Lewis ducked JOHN RUIZ to be laughable. It's John Ruiz, people. His nickname is the Quiet Man. Do the math.
              Nobody claims he ducked him, but he did refuse to fight him...so technically he did duck him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                Nobody claims he ducked him, but he did refuse to fight him...so technically he did duck him.
                You missed the sonnyboy/Carlos glory days, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                  You missed the sonnyboy/Carlos glory days, I see.
                  Who are they? I don't apreciate being compared to anyone around here anyway, thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                    Who are they? I don't apreciate being compared to anyone around here anyway, thankyou.
                    I wasn't comparing you, I was giving you an example of two guys who were INSISTENT that Lewis ducked the Boring Man. CarlosG still posts here and sonnyboyx stopped a while ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X