Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has a fighter been the winner of 2 fights of the year in one year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Taylor beating Hopkins twice in 05 was pretty big.
    Those wins were smeared by the whole "robbery" outcry. But I had Taylor winning both. Hopkins was just not active enough.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Lol wow it was.

Lopez: The next potential Carlos Baldomir.

I can see Brian Kenny going in on Floyd for not wanting to fight Lopez, like he did with Baldomir
      Ironically enough Alvarez fought Baldo.

Comment

lopez beating ortiz wasnt an upset imo, i thought it was a toss up going in. beating canelo would be a huge upset though.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          lopez beating ortiz wasnt an upset imo, i thought it was a toss up going in. beating canelo would be a huge upset though.
          He was a 16/1 underdog by a long list of bookmakers so I'd say it was an asbolute upset.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Those were not the same year, but MAB and JMM>Gatti and Judah by a mile lol.

yea...i figured that's what you meant...i was just thinking of fights within a 12 month span

Comment

No you didn't. Just stop.

Comment

pretty hard . b.c u have to beat a certian class of a fighter to win upst of the year which automatically puts u in the same class , thus not qualifying you for another upset of the year

but wth lopez canelo i think it will be a masacre
                canelo is a huge 154lber and lopez a small 147

canelo tko 6

Comment

Lopez isnt going to win upset of the uear. Jaro a complete bum beating wonjongcam or how ever u spell his name is a bigger upset

Comment

No. There is only one fight of the year so you can only win it once. A fighter could win the fight of the year and the 2nd best fight of the year if that is what you mean.

Comment

To even think Lopez had a chance, you must've been guessing. To think the fight was a toss up coming, after seeing Lopez fight a war with average Jessie Vargas, I just don't know what to say.

I won't call you a liar. Because I had Hopkins brutalizing Pavlik, and Mosley beating Margarito coming in, and Margarito raping Cotto because he was too big and too strong and had too good a chin, while every one else thought Hopkins and Mosley were dead men walking, and Cotto was invincible. It looks like BS, but sometimes there's something very few people see in the underdog's style other than just a "guess", that other people don't see. It baffled me why the hell Margarito, Hopkins, and Mosley were underdogs coming in. I was telling every one on youtube, they don't know sh-t about boxing for picking Cotto, Pavlik, and Margarito[vs Mosley], but in those 3 fights I was one of the few picking the underdog based on styles, especially Hopkins and Mosley, because Margarito had a lot of people picking him but he was still underdog.

But I admit, I couldn't fiind anything whatsoever to pick Lopez over Ortiz. It would have bee just a guess or a "I'm going for the underdog" type of pick. I genuinely thought Ortiz would destroy him. So to see that as an even fight coming in, you'd have to be Nostradamus or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X