Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: I'll Be Ready For Whatever Rigondeaux Brings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fancy Rigondeaux to win this but if Donair lands that big left hook early it could be over. I am not sure what Rigondeaux's punch resistance is really like but if he can take Donaire's best I see him winning. A lot of how this fight will pan out and be shown when and if Donair lands one of his monster hooks or uppercuts. It is a great fight with a far from certain outcome and Donair has got my respect just for taking the challenge. It is a make or break fight for both fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubanstyle
      Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubanborn87

not really i love basketball but you dont see me watching division 3 college basketball anything under 118 i dont watch sorry. Other than that i follow every division not only the ones that gamboa & rigo fight in. Don't worry I'm not one of those filipinos boxing fans that had no idea who cotto was when it was announced that he would fight manny. lol I actually watch this sport from top to bottom, no ivan calderon getting play at my crib though lmao. I guess those guys dont get on tv much so that might be another reason why

I beg to differ mi paisa, there's good quality fighters under 118 too, back in the 90's it was a crime to miss the wars between Carbajal and Gonzalez.
      The guy that recently fought and lost to Donaire also lost to Carbajal by KO in his last fight.
      Por estos dias por ahi anda el Venezolano que le dicen Chocolatico, muy bueno ese muchacho.
      Saludos.
      They don't televise those fights and hard to find streams and I personally don't like watching videos after I already know the outcome. Unless its an old school fight that I wanna rewatch.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• mature boxing fans should know despite his amateur record, you shouldnt put that much into a guy w 11 fights.. ill explain fo you why on the morning of apr 14

Comment

• I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FIGHT! Flash Donaire by TKO!

Comment

• Rigondeaux wins by late tko as he will the take the phony to school. Hey donaire , watch your liver . Ja ja , the master will show you what boxing is about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
              Rigo does move alot, but don't call someone a runner because you NEED them to plodd forward for you to look good.
              There is something you need to learn. Runners are boring. A fighter does not need to come forward. Whitaker and Mayweather sit in the pocket, circle, make a fighter miss and make them pay. Thats not running. Fighters who run get bood for a reason. Rigo has to find the balance to win. Young Hector Camacho was the perfect example, moving in and out, circling. The post Rosario Camacho was boring and ran more.
              Last edited by richardt; 02-13-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                There is something you need to learn. Runners are boring. A fighter does not need to come forward. Whitaker and Mayweather sit in the pocket, circle, make a fighter miss and make them pay. Thats not running. Fighters who run get bood for a reason. Rigo has to find the balance to win. Young Hector Camacho was the perfect example, moving in and out, circling. The post Rosario Camacho was boring and ran more.
                I agree, but there are plenty of those on this site that don't see it that way. Those people think that virtually any movement, except of the forward variety, equals "running."

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I agree, but there are plenty of those on this site that don't see it that way. Those people think that virtually any movement, except of the forward variety, equals "running."
                  But it is easy - the audience is not fooled. If they start booing, there is a reason and a good one at that. Side-to-side, in and out is boxing. Moving backward all the time while avoiding contact and not throwing is running. The former is what Rigo has to master in order to win, if he can win.
                  Last edited by richardt; 02-14-2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X