No announcement yet.

Who can beat Wladimir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
    The most skilled heavyweight Wladimir fought recently was Eddie Chambers, and I rewatched that fight. Chambers looked helpless, there was absolutely nothing Chambers could have done to win that fight. Eddie had the skills to beat Wladimir but not the size. It was like watching a welterweight fight a super-middleweight, the size disparity was too huge.

Haye on the other hand is 6'3, he had the size to beat Wladimir, but not the skills. He hasn't honed his craft yet.

Will there be a heavyweight who's skilled as Chambers but with Haye's size? If Wladimir fought a prime Holyfield, I think Holyfield would have won.

I bet Wlad's Mom can single-handedly beat up Wladimir, even without any punches returned.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
      Helenius KO Peter with a left hook and he is 6'6 and a great body puncher too. Even Volodymyr didn't knock Peter out cold like Helenius did.

In the WBO Adamek is #1 and Helenius #2 but i think Adamek will not be 1 after he fights Vitali so Helenius could maybe be mandatory.

Damn, Helenius is one tough Ugro-Finn!

Comment

No one can beat Wladimir.

Maybe 2 or 3 years from now, someone like Boytsov, Glazkov, or Helenius.

But right now? No one.

Wlad is unbeatable as heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
          The most skilled heavyweight Wladimir fought recently was Eddie Chambers, and I rewatched that fight. Chambers looked helpless, there was absolutely nothing Chambers could have done to win that fight. Eddie had the skills to beat Wladimir but not the size. It was like watching a welterweight fight a super-middleweight, the size disparity was too huge.

Haye on the other hand is 6'3, he had the size to beat Wladimir, but not the skills. He hasn't honed his craft yet.

Will there be a heavyweight who's skilled as Chambers but with Haye's size? If Wladimir fought a prime Holyfield, I think Holyfield would have won.

Pacroids no doubt can beat Klitscho.I`m sure Klitscho would agree to meet at a catchweight where Klit will be a highly skilled zombie in which Pacroids will handle easily.He`ll even offer klitscho free shots like he did in the Cotto fight.

Comment

I think Helenius has the best chance in about a year. I'd like to see him get in one more fight against a top 10 HW first.

Arreola has a puncher's chance, I guess.

If Solis ever gets in shape and if his knee heals(big IF's). I'd give him a good chance. His high guard defense is perfect for blocking the jab that Wladimir loves to throw. He also has the handspeed and power to land something big.

Comment

Lennox Lewis could come out of retirement and destroy him

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                I think Helenius has the best chance in about a year. I'd like to see him get in one more fight against a top 10 HW first.

Arreola has a puncher's chance, I guess.

If Solis ever gets in shape and if his knee heals(big IF's). I'd give him a good chance. His high guard defense is perfect for blocking the jab that Wladimir loves to throw. He also has the handspeed and power to land something big.
                plus Povetkin & Boytsov then Pulev and Glazkov in 1 1/2 - 2 years. There's quite a few good challenges out there for him. The ****ty thing is if he has to fight Chagaev or Chambers again due to mandatories.

Comment

HBO should make arreola - solis

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    plus Povetkin & Boytsov then Pulev and Glazkov in 1 1/2 - 2 years. There's quite a few good challenges out there for him. The ****ty thing is if he has to fight Chagaev or Chambers again due to mandatories.
                    I hope Povetkin gets rid of Teddy Atlas. He's ruining him, IMO. I think before Atlas got to him he had the best chance to beat either of the Klit brothers, but I don't know if he can with Atlas as his trainer.

Comment

arreola doesnt have the style to beat wlad, leads with his head and eats lots of jabs, heavy/slow footwork

only guys whove beaten or knocked down wlad are guys who can really move their mass into range in a flashand throw 3+ punches in one fluid movement under his vision like sanders and peter

if povetkin got some divine burst of confidence he could slip inside and rough wlad up, he has the power, but he has the flaw of punching then looking to see if he hurt his opponent rather than flurrying, which means wlad could just step out and punish him every time, another bad style to beat wlad with

i havent seen a ton of helenius but you cant count on wlad to do anything like peters doing there, polar opposites if there ever were any

boystov is interesting, fast hands from what ive seen

Comment

Working...
                      X