Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I *might* have made a mistake voting for Obama.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zemoG View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I realize that the ban is fairly frivolous in that it only targeted a very few number of guns on the market, but it was a step in the right direction. America has to do something about its culture of guns, and any reforms on what can be sold or manufactured is a good start.

And as far as others mentioning it being a right... the Constitution was written in an extremely different time. They were writing about what they saw around them; which was a need for citizens to be able to rise up in revolt. They were writing about how it is needed to be able to make sure the government can't control its citizens... but do you honestly think allowing ownership of guns in this modern era matters for protection from government? The world has changed.

Taking rights away from law abiding citizens is not away to solve the problems.

And with all this big government talk, I would not rule out anything. The constitution was made to give us the rights and to keep overbearing governments honest. This has worked for us for over two hundreds years there's no need to change them now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
      I am thinking the USA is going to go into Civil war..and I am sure some the lines will be racial.. The US has done all it can to keep the racial divides high which just fuels even more violence.. It's funny how in Canada it's so much more common to see mixed groups of people.. There are still racists.. But that is also NOT part of our culture.. I feel sorry for the millions of Good people in the USA who must endure that kind of madness daily
      Believe me, the media exaggerates this.

Comment

• Obama's politics don't allow him to do the only thing that will get the U>S. out of this, and that is, let the economy take it's natural course so that we feel the full force of the recession. We were floating on an imaginary cloud of wealth for years and there is just no way around feeling reality. The more you try to avoid it, the deeper in the hole you'll get. Tax cuts however will ease us through this much more easily

Tax cuts are not "the answer", there is no "answer" for how to not face the consequences of one's actions, but tax cuts will bring us out of this much faster.
        Last edited by res; 03-01-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by res View Post
          Obama's politics don't allow him to do the only thing that will get the U>S. out of this, and that is, let the economy take it's natural course so that we feel the full force of the recession. We were floating on an imaginary cloud of wealth for years and there is just no way around feeling reality. The more you try to avoid it, the deeper in the hole you'll get. Tax cuts however will ease us through this much more easily

Tax cuts are not "the answer", there is no "answer" for how to not face the consequences of one's actions, but tax cuts will bring us out of this much faster.
          You think that what we should do to be honest?.... The way you say it just sounds ridiculous.. not like your dumb but like your an idiot because we'd go into a depression for sure..

lol I'm joking with the idiot thing.. but you think it would heal before really turning bad like a Super depression.. talkin 30-40 percent no job?

Comment

• Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post

The way you say it just sounds ridiculous..
            Do you know how we got into this? By spending money we didn't have. What is ridiculous is believing that by doing the same thing we are going to get out of this.

Wait until inflation is added to the high jobless rate in a little while. Not only will you have joblessness, but the nation's wealth will literally be eaten up. That is the consequence of continuing to print money like this.

You can't run away from the consequences of your actions forever. If you try, it only multiplies what you will have to go through when it's finally time to pay up. That is a rather simple lesson that seemingly smart people never seem to grasp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
              canada and england are ***** countrys, i wouldnt live in those cesspools for a billion dollars.
              hahahaha goott eem

Comment

You think that what we should do to be honest?.... The way you say it just sounds ridiculous.. not like your dumb but like your an idiot because we'd go into a depression for sure..

lol I'm joking with the idiot thing.. but you think it would heal before really turning bad like a Super depression.. talkin 30-40 percent no job?
                Its just the business cycle

-First your at prosperity
                -then the economy hits a recession like currently
                -then you hit a depression.. and im not saying the great depression just a depression it can be small
                -then the economy is in recovery

and so on and so forth, its the way the economy works america was in a depression before and it had great prosperity before this current situation will eventually work out

Comment

I'm looking at some of the things he's doing ... especially with the bans he's trying to impose which will only go until its completely banned.

A ban to a limit is a ban until its finished completely.

For someone reason... it sorta scares me to think of no one being able to have guns at all because the government says so.

Sorry if this makes someone mad.. just felt like saying it.

and the robin hood act seems exactly like i said. an act.

Sorry i don't have a billion facts like some of you guys.. but I'm gettin this feeling everytime he talks. and the federal reserve...

can someone completely explain that to me?

Exactly where does the money come from?..amount of Gold a country has determines what?
                  hey catas you didnt make the wrong choice, Obama has to do so much in such little time. Give him a year or two you cant jump to conclusion when the man has been in office for weeks

Comment

Working...
                  X