Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Berto - Guerrero outcome be different with Kenny Bayless refereeing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Berto - Guerrero outcome be different with Kenny Bayless refereeing?

I just heard an angry fan on a radio show suggesting that the fight would have played out totally different if a respected ref like Kenny Bayless was at the helm. The referee didn't do a flawless job in the fight, and of course Berto made a point to complain about him in the post-fight interview. With a better ref, would the outcome of the fight be the same or different?

Poll added
    Guerrero would still win
    73.33%
    The fight would have been a draw
    0.00%
    Berto would have won
    6.67%
    Unsure
    20.00%
    Last edited by FlatLine; 11-25-2012, 02:21 PM.

No. Guerrero is the better fighter. Period.

Comment

I haven't seen it yet but as a rule, if a fighter has to complain about the refs job he didn't do his own job well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        I just heard an angry fan on a radio show suggesting that the fight would have played out totally different if a respected ref like Kenny Bayless was at the helm. The referee didn't do a flawless job in the fight, and of course Berto made a point to complain about him in the post-fight interview. Would a better ref, would the outcome of the fight be the same or different?
        Angry fan? He should of been angry when Berto got caught taking steroids. Since a lot of those guys are the same ones supporting Mayweather in cleaning the sport and accusing Pac of steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          I just heard an angry fan on a radio show suggesting that the fight would have played out totally different if a respected ref like Kenny Bayless was at the helm. The referee didn't do a flawless job in the fight, and of course Berto made a point to complain about him in the post-fight interview. Would a better ref, would the outcome of the fight be the same or different?
          A better ref would have DQed Berto for his egregious hitting behind the head.

Comment

nope, but the fight might look a bit different

the ghost outclassed him. he hurt him. berto couldnt return the favor. no ref is going to turn that around.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              A better ref would have DQed Berto for his egregious hitting behind the head.

i didn;t think there was anything wrong with his right hand up top on the inside. guerrero was ducking away and turning his head, which is not professional.

still, even with that punch, guerrero was eating him up inside with the cleaner work. berto landed bigger shots, but the balance of the rounds early on were clearly won on guerrero's inside work.

Comment

the ref gave guerrero a significant advantage in the fight for sure but its not the reason he won. he won bcuz hes better at positioning himself on the inside, has a higher workrate and a better chin. still there is no denying the ref did a terrible job.

Comment

Probably do more than give 100 warnings. How many times did he threaten to take away points again?

Comment

It's hard to deny that the ref did a terrible job.

Comment

Working...
                    X