Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Statement on Mayweather Going To Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so if Broner appears on the undercard, is he now Mr Showtime?

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      Ill take Max Jim And Roy over Showtime any day. HBO has Roy...Showtime has Paulie....lol

As for fights. HBO

If the fights get better i may cross over...
      Roy is better than Paulie but Al Bernstein is better than Lampley and Kellerman

Comment

SIX fight deal?! wow.
        so basically they've got him for the next 20years given how often he fights, clever move by floyd, he'll still be coining it in in his 50's with this

Comment

HBO has been slipping for a while now. Realistically, they have had 2 good non-PPV fights in the past year plus: Rios-Alvarado and Guerrero-Berto.

Kissing up to Haymon and putting his stable of fighters in easy matches has proven to be a poor decision. The quality of their fights has been slipping and it didn't even help them keep Floyd.

The HBO statement around "the next stable of fighters" is concerning. That unfortunately indicates they will continue to try and look for stars as opposed to building them thru good matchups.

They need to try and make the best fights they can and not put up with easy matchups for guys they "think" will be stars. Hershman did that at Showtime. Why can't he do that at HBO? Good matchups create buzz for the winners and sometimes even the losers. Let a fighter show us he is good. Don't just tell me he is.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
            Roy is better than Paulie but Al Bernstein is better than Lampley and Kellerman
            I think Paulie's more insightful than Roy to be honest, or maybe just more consistent. Roy has bad nights.

Comment

anything is better than Lampley now days, he fell off a while back, i just cant stand Lampley no more, he takes like half an hour just to comb his hair n i seen picking up his leg just to do it

Comment

Mayweather is in the twilight of his career. HBO will survive. Awesome for Showtime and CBS though. Big boost for boxing in general.

Comment

While I think competition is always good, Showtime and HBO don't seem to function under the laws of economics. It would be cool if both networks expand their budgets, but most likely it would just lead to them overpaying fighters even more instead of having more fights per year.

Comment

Its "ShowTime"!!!

Comment

Paulie is ok but he's terrible at scoring fights lol

Comment

Working...
                      X