Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the biggest star in Britain once Froch loses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the biggest star in Britain once Froch loses?

Honest question. I'm guessing UK fans will go back to Khan since his loss was "controversial," and Froch will get dominated. War Andre S.O.G. Ward!

Mr. Bean..........

Comment

there's only oneeeeeeeeeeeee matthew hatton.

Comment

Still Froch. Losing to a guy with the potential to be the #1 P4P fighter in the world isn't anything to be ashamed about.

Comment

Froch isn't the biggest star right now and probably not even if he wins. It's Amir Khan with Haye in 2nd.

Comment

Froch is Britain's best, but I don't ever see him being their most popular.

Comment

Froch and Khan are their best fighter, after them there's no one else close to elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                Still Froch. Losing to a guy with the potential to be the #1 P4P fighter in the world isn't anything to be ashamed about.
                That's the story of English fighters right there. "He only lost to the #1 guys"[Ricky Hatton]. Means you couldn't beat the Ricky, i'm sorry.

Khan has already lost to two guys who are not even close to the top 10 P4P, Froch as well has lost to two guys who were not even the best of their own division. So Ricky Hatton still stands out of the bunch even though he's retired, he literally lost to the two #1 P4P fighters. But in the end, that is what English fighters are being known for nowadays "He only lost to he best" like if that's some kind of feat. ATG's are not made by losing to the best, it's by beating the best.

Comment

I think in terms of media personality and public following Haye will always be number one, he's a real media whore over here, he's on almost every chat show an to be fair he's quite funny/witty. Some people thinks he comes across as an idiot the way he talked about Wlad, but underneath it all I think he's a nice bloke. If he were to fight Vitali in March next year you'd still get a few thousand Brits over there to watch whereas there will only be a few hundred over in AC to watch Froch.

Froch has never really been well followed/publicised out of Nottingham to be honest, your average fight fan would of only heard of him in the last year or so, his problem was being with Hennessy, he wasnt whored around enough. Shame really as he's a top fighter and he's deserved more publicity IMO.

I get the feeling that Khan isn't well liked in Englaf, he didn't sell out last time he was in Britain. No one will ever match Rickys following, unbelievable night at the MEN when he beat Tszyu, the atmosphere was electric.

Comment

Dereck "Del Girl" Chisora
                    Kell Brook
                    Tyson Fury
                    George Groves
                    Nathan Cleverly
                    Ricky Burns
                    Kevin Mitchell
                    David Price

these all are potential stars in the UK
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 12-14-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X