No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: I Stll got to get a CW Title Before I go

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Achille View Post
    Check out this podcast with Roy from October 15th http://www.8countnews.com/news/129/A...011-10-15.html He pretty much talks about how he got a new trainer bringing in Tom Yankello and feel really good in the ring feeling a spark he hasn't felt in the long time.

Something Roy should of done a long time ago is get a new trainer from the outside looking in at least he can be real with Jones with what he needs to correct with his game.
    trainer? jones was his own man...who can't see that merkerson don't want to see jones getting ko'd by fighters who wouldn't win a round againt him in better days...everybody (including roy) just gotta let it go man...geez

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      trainer? jones was his own man...who can't see that merkerson don't want to see jones getting ko'd by fighters who wouldn't win a round againt him in better days...everybody (including roy) just gotta let it go man...geez
      He still working with Coach Merk from what he said in the podcast. He does 2 weeks with Tom and does 2 weeks with Merk. All his medical/brain check results were good. Like you said he is own man, and he wants to continue to fight so he feels this is going to help him reach his goal. We have to wait and see if it happens.

Comment

It genuinely saddens me to see him do this. I can see he still has something left to give but his punch resistance & reflexes are in a bad state.

Can somebody just give make his next fight for a damn vacant title or something? Come on there is about 50 belts in each division, somebody please give him a title so he can retire safely.

Comment

I'm just hoping he doesn't end up paying for his continuing to fight later in life.

Comment

I just want Jones to retire.....he is marring up the sweet legacy he could have left behind. I'll always remember him for what he accomplished at his peak but others may only look at his last few fights and write him off as a bum.....of course it would have to be more of a casual fan who wasn't really watching boxing 15 years ago or so.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              i'm just hoping he doesn't end up paying for his continuing to fight later in life.
              ^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Damn man,i wish you well..but id love to see you win 1 more title..but i know it wouldnt end there

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
                  What separates Toney and Hopkins is that they had really solid fundamentals and great ring I.Q (which don't really diminish with time). Roy had neither; his main attributes were his godly speed and amazing reflexes, which by the way evaporate very quickly.
                  That so wrong! Roy has a very high boxing IQ. Roy's fighting style however was tailor made for a young fighter. His style didn't work well when the body got old. Its not that he didn't have great skills as a boxer, he just had a weird style of using those skills...and it caught up with him when he got old.

Comment

You know what? I have been all for him retiring and sick of how he's been going out lately. Like if he wanted to continue I wished he would have been knocked out even worse and then I realized.. why do I? It's his passion and dream, who are we to tell him not to. If that's what he wants to do, let him go after it. Boxing is his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                      You know what? I have been all for him retiring and sick of how he's been going out lately. Like if he wanted to continue I wished he would have been knocked out even worse and then I realized.. why do I? It's his passion and dream, who are we to tell him not to. If that's what he wants to do, let him go after it. Boxing is his life.
                      It's just that we don't want to see him get hurt. The human body cannot take this type of punishment without sever repercussions. I will always support Roy and root for him while he fights, but I wish he could find satisfaction in what he's already done and move on.

Comment

Working...
                      X