No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella Hits Back: Team Pirog Desperate For Attention

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella Hits Back: Team Pirog Desperate For Attention

Lou DiBella, the promoter for WBC Diamond champion Sergio Martinez (48-2-2, 27KOs), believes WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog (19-0, 15KOs), and his co-promoter Kirill Pchelnikov, are doing nothing more than creating headlines for themselves with baseless claims. Pchelnikov, and his partners, offered Martinez $3 million dollars to face Pirog in Russia.

[Click Here To Read More]

Pirog's been trying to get on U.S. television to fight your fighter for a year. What is DiBella's problem with Pirog? Clearly hardcore fans, the only fans that care about either Martinez or Pirog at all, want to see this fight.

Comment

I think this will be a damn good fight when and if it comes off. I understand both sides. Pirog is hungry and ready to step up and fight Martinez and Martinez, in the twilight of his career, is looking for the biggest fights that will give him the most money. This scenario is not new to boxing. I think Pirog should try to get some more exposure in the US and get a couple more impressive wins and then HBO will be all over this fight.

Comment

Fck off lou puto

Comment

Pirogs fighting for $50k in Russia usually according to Karmazin now he has 3 millions to spend? if theres a guarantee that the money is acutally there and the offer is for real a prizefighter should jump on an opportunity like that obviously. Its easy money for Maravilla anyway imo

Comment

Pirog should fight in Solo Boxeo or ESPN Friday Night Fights. Just get the hell out of Russia and fight in the US. I doubt it was on HBO, but Pirog rejected an offer to fight in the US because of money issues. He should have taken it.

Comment

Not sure why he says "we would never travel without US TV". I'm sure HBO or Showtime would be willing to broadcast from Russia.

I don't really get Lou's reasons for turning down the fight and it's making me lose any sympathy for him over the big names avoiding Sergio.

Comment

**** dibella. stop ducking pirog.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Not sure why he says "we would never travel without US TV". I'm sure HBO or Showtime would be willing to broadcast from Russia.

I don't really get Lou's reasons for turning down the fight and it's making me lose any sympathy for him over the big names avoiding Sergio.
                  Its bullshlt vato.For crying out loud even espn was gonna televise pirogs
                  last fight in russia.I bet hbo or showtime would televise the fight.Lou is
                  just making excuses.

Comment

3 mill would be more than what HBO paid him for his last 2 fights combined.

dibella doesn't make sense. Is he the promoter or is HBO? And HBO is flat out broke for the rest of the year and will probably be again next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X