Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Confident of Beating Bika or Dirrell For WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves Confident of Beating Bika or Dirrell For WBC Belt

George Groves is itching to get back in the ring following back-to-back defeats to British super-middleweight Carl Froch.

Groves first lost his unbeaten professional record to WBA and IBF champion Froch in controversial fashion before suffering a stunning one-punch knockout in the eighth round of their return bout in front of 80,000 fight fans at Wembley.

The Londoner has not been put off by the setbacks and is aiming to get back on the winning trail against European champion at 168lbs Christopher Rebrasse, a contest that will also double as an eliminator for the WBC title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dirrell would beat Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post
      Dirrell would beat Groves.
      Anthony Dirrell?

Comment

The article says Andre Dirrell, who would certainly beat Groves but I think they mean Anthony.. Anyway Groves will have a tough task with either Dirrell or Bika..

Comment

Groves needs a better trainer - his stance takes too much energy from him - he can fight but he needs someone to correct certain things - Bika and Anthony Dirrell will be too much for him

Comment

Groves could well beat Bika/Dirrell. However it would only leave him as a title holder @ 168Lb & not #1 in the World! He really should have become EBU champion & Lonsdale belt out-right holder before trying to run before he could walk!!!..........

Comment

Andre Dirrell and Groves have trained together, but i'm not sure to what extent. Can't remember if they sparred or not. anyway there might be some familiarity there and each guy might like their chances, interesting fight

edit: disregard post, i think the article meant anthony not andre.
              Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 08-07-2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Bika would waste this kid inside of 5 rounds.

Comment

article is sloppy and needs some editorial work. Bika is fight "Anthony" Dirrell, not Andre.

Comment

I would like to see Grooves vs Dirrell.

Comment

Working...
                    X