No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Discussions Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Discussions Begin

NEW YORK — Richard Schaefer told BoxingScene.com on Wednesday that he has begun discussions with representatives for Floyd Mayweather Jr. regarding a possible welterweight title bout against Robert Guerrero.

“I have started conversations with Team Mayweather for a potential fight between Robert and Floyd,” Schaefer said at a press event to promote the Miguel Cotto-Austin Trout fight Saturday night at Madison Square Garden. “I really have nothing more to say at this point, except that we’ve had ongoing discussions.”

The 29-year-old Guerrero became a legitimate player in the Mayweather sweepstakes Saturday night by beating two-time welterweight champion Andre Berto in a highly entertaining, 12-round fight in Ontario, Calif. Guerrero (31-1, 18 KOs, 2 NC), of Gilroy, Calif., dropped Berto twice on his way to a unanimous-decision win in a bout broadcast by HBO.

[Click Here To Read More]

looks like GBP is going to try and maximize profits by doing Floyd/Rob, and Canelo/Cotto or Trout

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      looks like GBP is going to try and maximize profits by doing Floyd/Rob, and Canelo/Cotto or Trout
      Figures, Cotto takes on the bigger challenge and Mayweather gets the easy fight.

Comment

Forget it, Mayweather won’t be sleeping against the ropes all night, Berto is an overrated B class fighter, Guerrero vs Gayweather is a cute fight…

Comment

not even gonna negotiate with cuenca or spadafora? stop with the easy fights.

Comment

This can't be happening.

Comment

Why does Floyd have to make it so hard for me to like him, I love watching him fight.

Comment

Bout time floyd stop ducking the Ghost.

Comment

Yeah Yeah Yeah. Guerrero. Accomplished what only Henry Armstrong, Roberto Duran and Roy Jones Jr. did. 6 time world champion in 4 weight divisions. 2012 fighter of the year. I get it.

Congratulations. Everybody's convinced now.

Make the fight happen and get it over with so we can see Floyd in the ring with an actual threat.

Comment

Mayweather just fight again sometime soon or retire!

Comment

Working...
                    X