No announcement yet.

The Top 20 Junior Bantamweights of All-Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 20 Junior Bantamweights of All-Time

By Cliff Rold - Follow the sweet science long enough and even a passing fan will hear, with sounds of awe, about an ‘original eight,’ about a bygone era when the sport’s weight classes were limited to just that number with (usually) just that many World champions. [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Cliff Rold - Follow the sweet science long enough and even a passing fan will hear, with sounds of awe, about an ‘original eight,’ about a bygone era when the sport’s weight classes were limited to just that number with (usually) just that many World champions. [details]
    Well we can atleast get Montiel vs Vic! I want to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
      Well we can atleast get Montiel vs Vic! I want to see this.

hell yeah, that would be a good one.....

Comment

Originally posted by ricky1978 View Post
        hell yeah, that would be a good one.....
        Might be the kick start 118 needs; Darch-Agbeko should be a scrap first though.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, there is no better enumeration of the top 10 junior bantamweights than this one. Munoz should be ranked higher than Hiroshi Kawashima though.

I'm glad that Tokuyama is highly evaluated. He's been underrated in Japan just because he is a North Korean and his fights didn't seem exciting. As a professional boxer, he is easily one of the best fighters Japan has ever produced. If only Hasegawa had accepted Tokuyama's challenge back then... Well, God knows. Should Jose Navarro be able to become a champion, which I doubt though, Tokuyama will be entitled to a title of Hall of Famer I suppose.

Jiro Watanabe was purely one of the most exciting Japanese fighters. Heck, he might be the most exciting Japanese fighter of all time. A converted southpaw, he used his power jabs and beautiful combinations to rack up knockout victories. I still don't understand what forced him to get into yakuza business. As much a villain as one can be, there is no denying his professional career.

Oh yeah, those who claim that Khaosai Galaxy doesn't deserve the top spot should be knocked unconscious.

Great article, as always.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Might be the kick start 118 needs; Darch-Agbeko should be a scrap first though.
            Yeah. It's to bad Hasegawa won't be able to fight them.

Has a japanese fighter ever tried to break that rule, like if he fought outside of japan?

Comment

Working...
            X