No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ref Neumann Explains the Mitchell/Witherspoon Stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ref Neumann Explains the Mitchell/Witherspoon Stoppage

BoxingScene.com: It looked like you were originally going to jump in to stop the Seth Mitchell/Chazz Witherspoon fight, then like you were issuing a technical knockdown, and then you decided to stop the fight. What was the actual sequence of events at the end?

[Click Here To Read More]

It was a great stoppage, and a great explanation of the sequence by Randy on assessing the situation as a whole, and then assessing the fighter to ensure he didn't take anymore unnecessary punishment.

Comment

Good Ref job

Great ref job. Good fight. Mitchell is only beginning to learn how to fight at a high level. Keep putting Seth in fights where he can learn and still win. A devastating KO would have stopped his career cold. Not sure if Mitchell's trainers can take him where he wants to go.

Comment

When I watched it live it didn't look like he was out. He still had his guard up and looked like he could've clinched. I thought it was a bad stoppage, I'd have to watch it again and see.

Comment

Weird stuff...

Comment

I was watching this fight last Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall and he was definitely out on his feet. If the ref wasn't there to hold him he would have fallen on his ass and he was like that for a good 3 minutes.

Also, bear in mind that Tony Pietrantonio was brutally knocked out in an earlier fight and laid unconscious for 5 minutes surrounded by doctors and EMTs who brought in a stretcher for him. In that fight, he was being battered throughout the round and his fight should have been stopped before his knockout.

Me and my friends felt that the referees were a little gun shy after that.

Comment

Thought it was a good stoppage and glad to hear a guy in the ring that cares about the other two in there with him.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                When I watched it live it didn't look like he was out. He still had his guard up and looked like he could've clinched. I thought it was a bad stoppage, I'd have to watch it again and see.
                he was out of it. he took 2 big rights & was being held up by ropes. look at chazz after the ref waved it off. he was looking into lala land. i'm all for giving the guy a chance to come back but there was no doubt chazz could have gotten seriously hurt if it continued. watch it again & look at chazz right after the wave off. randy was holding him up.

Comment

Working...
                X