Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: Memo Would Have Helped With Mayweather Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memo would've helped him make weight healthier, I have no doubt of this.

He would've given a better account of himself too. But I still don't see Marquez ever beating Floyd. Horrible match-up.

***** move for Floyd to cheat on the scales but realistically that didn't make a bit of difference.

Comment

• Styles make fights and that would have not made a difference in the world, and anyone who knows boxing can see that. I love JMM, he is one of my heroes and he is an amazing fighter but he cannot beat Floyd at any weight. It just is what it is. Manny and JMM went life and death everytime they fought, regardless of weight, because of their styles and matchup. It is just a matter of styles and abilities, not a good or bad thing really and this is nothing against JMM but its the truth.

Comment

• People saying styles make fights yes we get that. It would of helped him in a sense that he would of been more comfortable at welter. He wouldn't be so bulky . Quicker and a better chance at landing shots that he didn't in their last fight. Juan is not the only boxer that has gotten older and slower. May weather has too so people saying that he would looked worst are absolutely wrong. This would be 2013 may weather not a 2009 version

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          When Juan Manuel Marquez moved up to the welterweight division in 2009 to challenge Floyd Mayweather Jr., he claims that he didn't train properly and put on the "wrong kind of weight" and it made him slow, sluggish and the power wasn't there. He weighed in at 142-pounds, but his body and power wasn't as impressive as it appeared for his last two stints at 147. [Click Here To Read More]
          No really this article isn't insinuating anything .... really..
          We just saying that this is what Juan said.....

Comment

• Memo can't help JMM against Mayweather, he would have to go olympic style drug testing by VADA, and he would go back to his old ways, slow, and not enough power to KO someone in WW, marquez is so dreamy, he should retire, enjoy his win, part ways with Heredia, because he will get caught eventually.

Comment

• I agreee with jmm, I mean floyd didnt even honor the catchweight agreed upon so that W on floyds record has an asterisk. people sayin ''floyd woulda won anyway'' how df do u know yall talkin like marquez is not a living legend, he only landed 12% of his punches, I cant believe he was at his best, at the time he was desperate for a payday, if they fight again it will be more competitive. I mean if it wasnt for joe cortez I think hatton woulda hit floyd alot more . Mayweather - Marquez II for september 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Ok then.

Rematch?
                at 143/144lbs, sure, make it happen

Comment

• Yeah. Marquez would have suddenly been able to be so much faster and stronger, to brutally KO Floyd. Never mind that Marquez can't fight too well coming forward and couldn't lay a glove on him, and couldn't avoid anything Floyd was throwing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Yeah. Marquez would have suddenly been able to be so much faster and stronger, to brutally KO Floyd. Never mind that Marquez can't fight too well coming forward and couldn't lay a glove on him, and couldn't avoid anything Floyd was throwing.
                    Again you conveniently ignore Marquez being pulled up two weight divisions and then having from weight stolen from him. That's like pulling Ricky Burns or Boner to fight at WW against with no experience and the still taking extra weight. Stop giving him a pass for this nonsense.

Let's have a fair fight, fight at 143/144lbs and let's see who the better fighter is.

If Mayweather is so much better he has nothing to be afraid of.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 12-23-2012, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Nobody in the world, but you wants a Mayweather-Marquez rematch. Seriously.....that was one of the most boring one sided fights in recent memory with two world class fighters. Did we forget that Marquez, aside from a couple punches, didn't look too sound or fluid in there most of the time???

Marquez landed what he had to in order to win, but he didn't look THAT good really to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X