Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia should have lost by TKO by quitting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i actually caught this last night watching the fight lived... garcia and his corner quit before the doctor got involved

i found it amusing and ironic considering all the **** ortiz gets, and especially from robert garcia...the irony level was just through the roof last night

Comment

It was a good stoppage. Garcia was winning this fight pretty easy. Salido's the one we leaned in with his head which stopped the fight.

Comment

"It is very broken," said Dr. Robert Polofsky, one of two New York State Athletic Commission physicians. "He couldn't breathe. It's too dangerous to have him continue the fight like that. So we made the decision to stop the fight."

Garcia said: "I didn't know my nose was broken. But I felt the pain from the head butt."

"It's a great feeling," Garcia said. "But I would have preferred the fight to go 12 rounds and finish the fight. If it would have been a knockout it would have been even better."

Comment

Robert Garcia was trying to get the doctor to stop the fight.

Comment

If the quit is too blatantly unnecessary like Saturday night's quittage by Garcia, they should be penalized with a TKO loss. That should teach future quitters to go the full fight if the injury is minor. Now for legit injuries that look genuine, then go to the scorecards.

Cintron was arguably beating Williams, but the fight started heating up and he decided to leave the ring in a dramatic fashion. As a result, Williams got the TD instead of Cintron. The vibe of the scorecards felt like "You want to quit to get a decision? Well you're not getting it". That's what should have happened to Garcia, he shouldn't have been given the win. Salido suffered 4 knock downs and a broken nose but there was no quit in him whatsoever, none at all. He's a true warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
              "It is very broken," said Dr. Robert Polofsky, one of two New York State Athletic Commission physicians. "He couldn't breathe. It's too dangerous to have him continue the fight like that. So we made the decision to stop the fight."

Garcia said: "I didn't know my nose was broken. But I felt the pain from the head butt."

"It's a great feeling," Garcia said. "But I would have preferred the fight to go 12 rounds and finish the fight. If it would have been a knockout it would have been even better."
              Naaaaaa, look at Garcia telling the doctor all that BS about he can't breathe and basically saying everything he should say for the doctor to stop the fight. The doctor always gives the fighter the benefit of the doubt and asks them if they want to continue. The fighter has to indicate that they can't continue[or don't want to continue]. Look at Hopkins-Dawson I "Can you continue?", "With one arm, yes". Look at Cintron-Williams. "Can you continue?", "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, damn. Yes I can continue. Ahhhhhhhhh, my back".

If you can't see right through that slick sh-t then you are gullible as f-ck.
              Last edited by -Kev-; 01-21-2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Naaaaaa, look at Garcia telling the doctor all that BS about he can't breathe and basically saying everything he should say for the doctor to stop the fight. The doctor always gives the fighter the benefit of the doubt and asks them if they want to continue. The fighter has to indicate that they can't continue[or don't want to continue]. Look at Hopkins-Dawson I "Can you continue?", "With one arm, yes". Look at Cintron-Williams. "Can you continue?", "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, damn. Yes I can continue. Ahhhhhhhhh, my back".

If you can't see right through that slick sh-t then you are gullible as f-ck.
                That's not what happened. What are you talking about? I'm watching it right now. When the ref is saying can he continue (yes or no), he is talking to the doctor. The doctor responds no he can't. The ref wasn't asking either Garcia if he could continue. He was talking directly to the doctor. Robert Garcia is only talking to the ref asking if the fight will go to the cards. Mikey never said anything about not being able to breathe. You have no clue what he said. Stop making stuff up. Salido definitely deserves a rematch though.

Comment

One example- Gavin Rees vs. Derry Mathews. Fight was stopped due to accidental headbutt that caused a broken nose.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardPerez View Post
                    watch the fight again, he quit they called the doc in to inspect a broken nose and said he cant go on. HE QUIT.
                    yeah he def went ponce de leon with it no doubt about it

Comment

he never quit the doctor said he couldnt continue his nose looked nasty and hes not boring its called boxing skill not everyone fights like brandon rios if they did boxing would be **** garcia boxed salido around the ring and he would do the same in a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X