Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Floyd duck Trout??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't call it "ducking" per say, but I do agree with your point. Let's put it this way: if Trout had the same earning potential as Canelo, I still don't think Floyd will take the risk, cuz there's no sure-fire method to beat Trout. He has the physical attributes and the style to give Floyd all kinds of hell.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 12-02-2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      Cotto was stupid to fight trout himself! Trout is a too big for cotto, and his size combined with his style(slick, runner, jabs from the outside) anyone with common sense new this fight was a waste of time! Winning did nothing for cotto's legacy, and losing, was worst! Lose to someone like canelo, or martinez who are big names! Trout would beat Floyd easily, his style, combined with his size advantage, will give him all the chances in the world to DOMINATE Floyd! Floyd is too small to land. I say the same thing to Floyd, lose to someone like canelo, or martinez. Not to someone like trout! Oh and btw, Floyd cant even make 154! He comes in at 150, so anyfight he has at that weight, is a bonus fight!

He's not obligated to fight these big guys when thats not his weight class, and he cant make the weight! Anything he does at those weights, are his choice on whether or not he wants to bless us with those fights that are not obligated to take place!

Call Floyd a duck for not fighting pac, because Floyd is OBLIGATED to fight the best in his weight class! Trout will absolutely beat Floyd, and the fight is a waste of time.
      You're right, Trout is a horrible style match-up for Floyd. A counterpunching southpaw who is taller, has longer reach, good handspeed, and uses his feet. When was the last time Floyd fought such an opponent?

Comment

I would like to see it but Mayweather wouldn't do it.

Comment

Mayweather and Trout both have a 72 inch reach believe it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            If Floyd fights Canelo or Guerrero instead of Trout, is that really "ducking?"

I say no. Canelo is a bigger cash cow at 154 and Guerrero would mean Floyd went back to welterweight.
            If he were to fight Guerrero, I can see people on her saying that he ducked trout and went down to welter weight to avoid trout.

Comment

lol you just can't make this **** up..lol

Comment

Floyd is ducking yet another fighter. What else is new? Are there any other active boxers that he has ducked yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                  Floyd is ducking yet another fighter. What else is new? Are there any other active boxers that he has ducked yet?
                  Pacquiao.......

Comment

Cotto was stupid to fight trout himself! Trout is a too big for cotto, and his size combined with his style(slick, runner, jabs from the outside) anyone with common sense new this fight was a waste of time! Winning did nothing for cotto's legacy, and losing, was worst! Lose to someone like canelo, or martinez who are big names! Trout would beat Floyd easily, his style, combined with his size advantage, will give him all the chances in the world to DOMINATE Floyd! Floyd is too small to land. I say the same thing to Floyd, lose to someone like canelo, or martinez. Not to someone like trout! Oh and btw, Floyd cant even make 154! He comes in at 150, so anyfight he has at that weight, is a bonus fight!

He's not obligated to fight these big guys when thats not his weight class, and he cant make the weight! Anything he does at those weights, are his choice on whether or not he wants to bless us with those fights that are not obligated to take place!

Call Floyd a duck for not fighting pac, because Floyd is OBLIGATED to fight the best in his weight class! Trout will absolutely beat Floyd, and the fight is a waste of time.
                    I think your overthinking the thread question. This is the rule of the WBA:

1. The SUPER CHAMPIONS will be obliged to make the mandatory defense of their titles in a period no longer than 18 months against the boxer recognized as the World Boxing Association Champion of the corresponding division.

As it stands now, Floyd is the WBA Super Champion. Trout is the WBA Champion. The WBA has the power to force the fight.

The threadstarter is asking whether or not Floyd would accept the mandatory challege if it were to be forced.

That's how I understood the question at least.

Comment

I can't help but feel that you kinda contradicted yourself. In the Part of your post were you said that fight trout would do nothing for his legacy, wouldn't a win over trout mean more than a win over canelo. You stated that trout was slick jabs bigger, basically a more dangerous opponent while canelo is the protected untested fighter, basically a cash cow. Wouldn't a victory over the more dangerous fighter add to cottos legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X