No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Discusses Andre Berto's Ring Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Discusses Andre Berto's Ring Return

A scant four and a half months ago, former welterweight champion Andre Berto participated in one of 2011’s finest fights as he traded knockdowns and went toe to toe with Victor Ortiz. The action was riveting but unfortunately for Berto, he would end up suffering the first loss of his career by way of unanimous decision after seeing Ortiz take much of the fight’s initiative.

[Click Here To Read More]

I hate Larry Merchant ...stfu old geezer. No one cares what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
      I completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
        I care what he thinks,Larry is a living legend in the sport,he tells you how it is,what you would rather here kellerman slobber all over x fighters balls all night.

Comment

trust this, al haymon will not allow berto to lose again, he'll pay off whoever it takes to ensure this. he paid off people to make sure pwill wouldn't lose again post-martinez. you better be damn sure al haymon won't leave it to chance for berto to lose again.

it's gonna take a KO to beat berto from here on out.

Comment

I don't know why some people care about Berto. It's like caring about Clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
              I don't know why some people care about Berto. It's like caring about Clottey.
              Bertos a good fighter,he lost in a certified war no shame in that,Clottey folded up and did not try disrespecting fans and the sport of boxing.

Comment

I don't see that fight being this competitive give and take slugfest that everybody is making it out to be. Berto outside of the knockdown he scored and a couple of other rounds got pretty much taken to the cleaners and didn't really show this fortitude to try to dig deep that everybody is claiming. He held and clinched like he always does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  trust this, al haymon will not allow berto to lose again, he'll pay off whoever it takes to ensure this. he paid off people to make sure pwill wouldn't lose again post-martinez. you better be damn sure al haymon won't leave it to chance for berto to lose again.

it's gonna take a KO to beat berto from here on out.
                  100% Correct!! The Williams-Lara scandal was ALL Al Haymon!! Dan Goosen (Williams' promoter) has no clout in AC.

You have to be highly suspicious of a man like Haymon who doesn't speak to the media, doesn't get his picture taken and difficult to even google!! To me, that simply means that his business practices are suspicious...possibly cheating the IRS or has other skeletons in his closet.

Shelly Finkel is or was just as powerful a manager as Haymon and he is not hard to research. Haymon must be seriously dirty!

Rare photo of Al Haymon:

Comment

Working...
                  X