Collapse
No announcement yet.

McCain pushes for federal boxing panel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... could you say that maybe Mccain is trying to lure back boxings fans?

Comment

uts halarious how some ppl are badmouthing mccain without reading teh article . if you read the article you would know that this would be absolutely great for boxing ****ing morons same ppl that voted for obama didnt listen 2 a thing he said but just voted for "change" hahahahah im soooo embarrassed 2 be an american right now p4p most ignorant country

Comment

Originally posted by DeymarPR View Post
        Yes he had gotten tortured, but it was HIS decison to go to the Armed Forces in a time of war, not anyone elses

During Vietnam, almost all able-bodied, young American man were DRAFTED, so it is irrelevant whether or not McCain was a military man serving his country before that war.

Either way, the man was incredibly brave for your nation and I respect him (even though I do not agree with a lot of his or Obama's politics) and he does not deserve to have people wishing death upon him in my opinion.

The fact that he never gave 1 name of his fellow armed forces men to the Vietnamese, no matter how horrendously they tortured him, speaks volumes for the man.
        Last edited by hardmanbrit; 01-08-2009, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
          It will regulate fighters safety and making sure that they have a retirement guarantee so they don't end up broke and on the streets. I posted the article in which he was talking about his plan a little while back. The idiot above was making stupid idiotic statments without having even read or read about the bill before.

He talks about it briefly here:
          http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=232512

In my opinion, that is a noble ambition, and I am not sure how even the Obama lovers can disagree with it.

Comment

Boxers will never have retirement benefits just the same as a Rap or any music artist who is singed to record deal with a company, selling out concerts and making albums won't.

Both are independt. As a boxer, you sign with a promoter and have him promote your fights. As a musician, you sign with a record company and have them put out your music.

In both, once it's over it's over. You better be a damn good mainstream musician, making alot of money before you get old. In boxing, you better have a second job if you're not making some serious coin.

We've had fireman/fighters in the sport, cops/fighters, construction workers/fighters. In boxing, nothing is guaranteed....not even regular paychecks from fighting once every two weeks like in the old days when a fighter had to stay busy just to support his family.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshPrince View Post
              Should I be rooting for this?
              Originally posted by MissDeeCole View Post
              How should we feel about this....
              sounds like a good thing to me.... read the article people

judge for yourself... dont let someone come in here and tell you how to feel
              Last edited by Fenom; 01-08-2009, 09:17 PM.

Comment

It will regulate fighters safety and making sure that they have a retirement guarantee so they don't end up broke and on the streets. I posted the article in which he was talking about his plan a little while back. The idiot above was making stupid idiotic statments without having even read or read about the bill before.

He talks about it briefly here:
                http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=232512
                Here is a little quote I found on the matter:
                Q: Bob Ley: “You were a boxer. I know you love the sport. You had a role in several pieces of legislation. What is the state of the sport that you love so much?”

A: Sen. John McCain: “I don’t think it’s as good as it could be. I think pay per view has had unintended consequences as well as intended, and it has narrowed the viewing audience. You see this ultimate fighting filling in a bit of a vacuum there. I’m a proud conservative, I still think it is the sport that needs a union because these are the people with the shortest spans of participation. They need to have retirement benefits, and they need it as badly or worse than any professional sport.”
                that sounds like a great thing... im an Obama supporter and this I stand by McCain 10000000000%

Comment

Working...
                X