No announcement yet.

Carl Froch To Face Sergey Tatevosyan, 3/23

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch To Face Sergey Tatevosyan, 3/23

Carl Froch hopes that defeating Russia’s Sergey Tatevosyan on the Hennessy Sports ‘Cobra’s Hood’ event on March 23rd will help him secure a world title shot by the end of the year. [details]

Bute just dominated this guy, so it seems like a very poor piece of matchmaking, Froch has already beaten several better opponents. I guess he'll want to stop Tatevosyan in order to make a statement, but it's a poor opponent for the Cobra. Hennessy isn't producing the goods for Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by !!! Beowulf !!! View Post
      Bute just dominated this guy, so it seems like a very poor piece of matchmaking, Froch has already beaten several better opponents. I guess he'll want to stop Tatevosyan in order to make a statement, but it's a poor opponent for the Cobra. Hennessy isn't producing the goods for Froch.
      He's not done too bad with him so far, though. Magee, Dodson, Barney, Adamu, Porras, are all pretty decent names although of course Hennessy lost the purse bids for the Magee fight - his biggest to date! Tatevosyan is a dissapointing foe, though. The competition had better be stepped up soon.

Comment

The opponent is decent and some good wins.

Comment

Bit of a sideways move but still a good test nonetheless. If Froch can get the ko then i will be very impressed and hopefully put him 1 step closer to a fight with Bute, which i'd back him in.

Comment

and what if he does score an early ko against someone bute dominated but went the distance with?

Comment

Got my tickets today. £25.00 not bad price, Nottingham ice stadium is the Dogs Bollocks apart from **** beer.

Russian Opponent has beaten current European Champ, so cant be that bad. Anyway IMO no one with anythin to lose wants to fight Froch. He is too risky.
              Froch will soon be Mandatory for someone soon. Currently no 3 WBC.
              I think Calzaghe will move up to Light Heavy to avoid Froch.

Hennessy will deliver Title shot as he did for Junior Witter.

What would happen if for some reason Manfredo pulls out of Calzaghe fight injured say. Froch would definitely offer to step in as hes in Training anyway.
              Calzaghe would ****e himself.

Also on Bill is John Murray who is one to watch for the future.

Any one going to fight dont forget " keep your eye on the puck "

Comment

This guy shouldn't be a problem to Froch. I still think he needs to fight one of the other top contenders, before he gets a world title fight.

I think team palle will try to make "Kessler - Bute" (if Kessler defends his titles against Andrade). They been talking about putting Bute on a Kessler undercard the last two times, and seem to have some good tv deals with the Canadians.

Joe C - i don't really know who he gets or wants after Manfredo, but he will most likely get an offer from Kessler again.

Comment

Originally posted by Peder View Post
                  This guy shouldn't be a problem to Froch. I still think he needs to fight one of the other top contenders, before he gets a world title fight.

I think team palle will try to make "Kessler - Bute" (if Kessler defends his titles against Andrade). They been talking about putting Bute on a Kessler undercard the last two times, and seem to have some good tv deals with the Canadians.

Joe C - i don't really know who he gets or wants after Manfredo, but he will most likely get an offer from Kessler again.
                  Bute could fight Froch in a WBC eliminator in order to secure a shot at Kessler (or Andrade I guess, unlikely though).

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Carl Froch hopes that defeating Russia’s Sergey Tatevosyan on the Hennessy Sports ‘Cobra’s Hood’ event on March 23rd will help him secure a world title shot by the end of the year. [details]

Tatevosyan is a quite decent opponent - no more, no less.
                    It's a huuuuuge step up from Froch's last outing (Dodson). But for those who expected Froch's next opponent to propel him to the top of SMW it must be a dissapointment. About the same level as Magee - so hard to see that Froch is really going places.

Damn i wish Tatevosuan would thrash him. But admittedly the chances aren't great.

Comment

Working...
                    X