No announcement yet.

How did Marquez bulk up?**BANNED WE DONT NEED DUPLICATE TOPICS**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Marquez bulk up?**BANNED WE DONT NEED DUPLICATE TOPICS**

I saw just some brief snippets of him incorporating weights. Was there anything more extensive on the weight training regiment he used?

He just cut less weight. He was weighing in as a welterweight on fight night ever since junior lightweight. No more tough cuts.

Which is crazy to think when you consider Floyd weighed in at around 136 on fight night as a junior feather.

Comment

He didnt bulk up he only came in at 143 and was 147 on fight night..he just lost more fat.people act like the man came in at middleweight for crying out loud

Comment

In the 2nd fight with Manny he was 141 on fight night so years later he was 6 pounds heavier

Comment

A good weight program can make you look like that. He trained for power in short bursts so he used heavy weights and low reps. Manny's strength coach actually explained it really well. Also, if you train in a new way after a lifetime of doing something different your body is going to change. I get the suspision some people have, but as an individual who is on a weight program myself I can tell you that he didn't achieve anything anyone with good genes and hard work couldnt achieve.

Comment

Had he used weights before? I know a lot of the old school guys didn't like weights or only real light weights. There was one snippet where he was grinding out military presses for this last training. His shoulders did look massive for his size, this time around. He definitely looked liked he packed on some mass compared to previous fights.

Comment

He was only 143lbs. I've said it before, having low bodyfat can give an impression a guy is a lot bigger than they are. Almost an illusion.

I've cut before, been 15-20 or so lbs less and had people asking what I was on, saying I actually looked bigger etc

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                I saw just some brief snippets of him incorporating weights. Was there anything more extensive on the weight training regiment he used?
                Yea bro, he trained for 1min37sec juat like in 24/7...amazing

Comment

el jugo.

Comment

New strength and conditioning coach. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X