No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pascal-Hopkins Rematch Ordered, Purse Bid on Feb. 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pascal-Hopkins Rematch Ordered, Purse Bid on Feb. 4

A vote taken by the Board of Governors of the WBC was released on Thursday and the sanctioning body has ordered a rematch between Bernard Hopkins and their reigning light heavyweight champion, Jean Pascal. From what BoxingScene.com/Netboxe.com has learned, the two sides have 30 days to reach an agreement. If they fail, a purse bid will be held in Mexico City on February 4. The winner of the battle will then be required to compete with former champion Chad Dawson.

[Click Here To Read More]

Justice served. Hopefully B-Hop exposes Pascal again without getting knocked down twice this time.

Comment

Simply ridiculous

How can these commisions simply demand the champ fight a non-mandatory? I would love to see this rematch but this sort of corruption has got to stop

Comment

Damn..too bad chad wont fight tavoris.

Comment

I could understand if they give bhop a title shot after pascal and dawson fight again but this is bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Simply ridiculous

How can these commisions simply demand the champ fight a non-mandatory? I would love to see this rematch but this sort of corruption has got to stop
            i think the WBC got it right (hardly happens)

they are not demanding anything. all this means is if pascal fights dawson then it won't be for the wbc title. i don't think pascal has a choice but to fight dawson though. shaw has a rematch clause, and i would be surprised it is contingent on the wbc approving the fight.

Comment

gary shaw's gonna be pisssed lol
              but all in all thats pretty shameful and corrupt
              no more respect in boxing i swear

Comment

actually, shaw is in the drivers seat. lf pascal wants to keep his belt he has to fight b-hop, and if pascal doesn't want to lose his shirt in a lawsuit, he'll have to pay Dawson a step-aside. or, drop the trinket, stick to your word and fight dawson. **** the wbc, they don't control boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by bazookajoe View Post
                  i think the WBC got it right (hardly happens)

they are not demanding anything. all this means is if pascal fights dawson then it won't be for the wbc title. i don't think pascal has a choice but to fight dawson though. shaw has a rematch clause, and i would be surprised it is contingent on the wbc approving the fight.
                  Fight Hopkins, who is not your mandatory immediatly or get stripped. Plus a purse bid is scheduled.

Sounds like a demand to me

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Fight Hopkins, who is not your mandatory immediatly or get stripped. Plus a purse bid is scheduled.

Sounds like a demand to me
                    the wbc rules do state that the board can vote for an immediate rematch if there was controversy in the fight. i am of the opinion b-hop got robbed, so i understand the wbc position.

let's face it though, tv and successful gate at this level is NOT contingent on having a belt.

i'd rather see pascal/b-hop three more times than pascal-dawson twice. i'm biased, i know...

Comment

Working...
                    X