No announcement yet.

The RING Title Doesn't Get Enough Respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    Just what I was about to write. Hatton is a prime example of a fighter disrespecting the RING title...
    Who gives a **** about the "Ring" title.

It figures that you'd support that because Carlos "Tata" Baldomir beat Zab Judah and was named accordingly. It's like when Tarver knocked Roy out....he became the "Ring Champ" lol what a joke.

Roy was washed up and weight drained.......and the Undisputed Champ in Judah didn't even show up and lost to a bum Argentinian.

So no more of this "Ring is the Authority, because I say so" crap. It makes no sense.....they might as well just say who has the most colorful paper title.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Just what I was about to write. Hatton is a prime example of a fighter disrespecting the RING title...
      lol he's disrespecting the ring title by fighting Jose Luis Castillo?

You're a total moron. Fighters make the belt not the other way around.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post

It figures that you'd support that because Carlos "Tata" Baldomir beat Zab Judah and was named accordingly. It's like when Tarver knocked Roy out....he became the "Ring Champ" lol what a joke.

Roy was washed up and weight drained.......and the Undisputed Champ in Judah didn't even show up and lost to a bum Argentinian.

So no more of this "Ring is the Authority, because I say so" crap. It makes no sense.....they might as well just say who has the most colorful paper title.

I AGREE WITH SOME THINGS YOU SAY, (THOUGH YOU'RE EXAGERATING THINGS A BIT),BUT STILL, THE RING BELTS ARE BETTER THAN THE ALPHABET ONES.

THOUGH I DO THINK THE RING IS NOT IN ANY WAY THE AUTHORITY IN BOXING, I MEAN, LOOK AT THEIR P4P RANKINGS OF THE LAST 80 YEARS, ITS LAUGHABLE
        Last edited by -Hyperion-; 02-20-2007, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Baldomir and Tarver are examples of upsets. The best fighter doesn't always have the title, but most of the time they do.

I didn't hear anyone bitching when the original Cinderella Man, Jim Braddock, had the title. No one bitched about Joe Louis wanting to fight him even though no one considered Braddock to be very good...

I know you just like to start **** for no reason, so I don't take your post all that serious...

Comment

lol he's disrespecting the ring title by fighting Jose Luis Castillo?

You're a total moron. Fighters make the belt not the other way around.
            The fight is being billed as a fight for the IBO title. You don't think that's a slap in the face of a title that's been around since the early days of boxing? ****, even Rocky wore the RING belt in the movies because it is the real championship...

Comment

Baldomir and Tarver are examples of upsets. The best fighter doesn't always have the title, but most of the time they do.

I didn't hear anyone bitching when the original Cinderella Man, Jim Braddock, had the title. No one bitched about Joe Louis wanting to fight him even though no one considered Braddock to be very good...

I know you just like to start **** for no reason, so I don't take your post all that serious...
              No....it should be the opposite way around.

You're defending what might be the biggest paper title in all of boxing and it's based on the philosophy: "To be the man you have to beat the man". That's exactly what a "Ring Champ" is.....and I think it's total bull****.

Styles make fights and that totally negates the idea of a "Ring Champ". Just because 1 person has another fighter's number.....doesn't mean he's as good or even better than that fighter he beat. I'm sorry thats just not how it works.

Beating someone doesn't make you a better fighter than him.

Comment

No....it should be the opposite way around.

You're defending what might be the biggest paper title in all of boxing and it's based on the philosophy: "To be the man you have to beat the man". That's exactly what a "Ring Champ" is.....and I think it's total bull****.

Styles make fights and that totally negates the idea of a "Ring Champ". Just because 1 person has another fighter's number.....doesn't mean he's as good or even better than that fighter he beat. I'm sorry thats just not how it works.

Beating someone doesn't make you a better fighter than him.

WELL, THIS I DONT AGREE WITH, BECAUSE THEN WE WOULD HAVE THE SAME CHAMPION TILL HE RETIRES, EVEN IF HE LOSES....

Comment

Originally posted by kingroy View Post
                  WELL, THIS I DONT AGREE WITH, BECAUSE THEN WE WOULD HAVE THE SAME CHAMPION TILL HE RETIRES, EVEN IF HE LOSES....
                  So Junior Jones is a better fighter than Marco Antonio Barrera?
                  Oliver McCall is a better fighter than Lennox Lewis?
                  Drake Thadzi is a better fighter than James Toney?
                  Vince Phillips is a better fighter than Kostya Tszyu?
                  Joe Frazier was a better fighter than Muhammad Ali?
                  Buster Douglas was a better fighter than Mike Tyson?
                  John Ruiz is a better fighter than Evander Holyfield?

I'll stop now....but I could go on all century.

Comment

So Junior Jones is a better fighter than Marco Antonio Barrera?
                    Oliver McCall is a better fighter than Lennox Lewis?
                    Drake Thadzi is a better fighter than James Toney?
                    Vince Phillips is a better fighter than Kostya Tszyu?
                    Joe Frazier was a better fighter than Muhammad Ali?
                    Buster Douglas was a better fighter than Mike Tyson?
                    John Ruiz is a better fighter than Evander Holyfield?

I'll stop now....but I could go on all century.
                    I KNOW, BUT THEY DID BEAT THEM SO THEY DESERVE THE RECOGNITION

Comment

zsolt erdie can make a claim as the real champ, cuz by linear rules he is the champ. Clinton woods and silvio branco are paper champs, no one cares about them though. Many people have told me that woods got a gift against johnson, and they are fans from the UK by the way.

chad dawson, erdie, tarver and glen johnson are the big 4 right now at 175.

Comment

Working...
                      X