Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Impressive Title Reigns In Multiple Divisions: Floyd Mayweather Or Roy Jones Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From top to bottom Floyd does have a better resume. Like I said, " I'm the biggest Jones fan on the planet" but all he's done lately is get has ass kicked. He should've retired after the first Tarver fight. Floyd had fought some solid competition himself.
    Cotto-37-2
    Ortiz-29-2
    Mosley-46-5
    Marquez-54-4
    Hatton-43-0
    De la Hoya -38-4
    Judah-34-3
    Gatti-39-6
    Ndou-31-1
    Sosa-35-2
    Castillo-45-4
    Chavez 35-1
    Hernandez-33-2
    Corrales-33-0
    Genera-34-2
    This is just naming a few. From top to bottom Floyd's resume is much better

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
      From top to bottom Floyd does have a better resume. Like I said, " I'm the biggest Jones fan on the planet" but all he's done lately is get has ass kicked. He should've retired after the first Tarver fight. Floyd had fought some solid competition himself.
      Cotto-37-2
      Ortiz-29-2
      Mosley-46-5
      Marquez-54-4
      Hatton-43-0
      De la Hoya -38-4
      Judah-34-3
      Gatti-39-6
      Ndou-31-1
      Sosa-35-2
      Castillo-45-4
      Chavez 35-1
      Hernandez-33-2
      Corrales-33-0
      Genera-34-2
      This is just naming a few. From top to bottom Floyd's resume is much better
      im a massive roy fan too... one of the most amazing fighters ive ever seen in the ring... prime for prime (and assuming they were at the same weight) - roy wins hands down in a H2H.... actually I'd happily argue that Roy beats almost ANYONE H2H

However his resume wasnt that great... outside of Toney and Nard it's pretty bare... he gets huge credit for the Ruiz win tho

However Floyd's resume is more consistent over the lifespan of his career.... add that he never fought for a vacant belt and was lineal in at least 3 weight divisions I'd have to give it to Floyd.... I wouldnt say WAY better but still better

Unfortunately you and I are posting in the ulitmate "I hate Floyd" arena where no one is willing to admit that he's probably the best fighter of his generation and knocking on the door of the ATGs

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan2007 View Post
        im a massive roy fan too... one of the most amazing fighters ive ever seen in the ring... prime for prime (and assuming they were at the same weight) - roy wins hands down in a H2H.... actually I'd happily argue that Roy beats almost ANYONE H2H

However his resume wasnt that great... outside of Toney and Nard it's pretty bare... he gets huge credit for the Ruiz win tho

However Floyd's resume is more consistent over the lifespan of his career.... add that he never fought for a vacant belt and was lineal in at least 3 weight divisions I'd have to give it to Floyd.... I wouldnt say WAY better but still better

Unfortunately you and I are posting in the ulitmate "I hate Floyd" arena where no one is willing to admit that he's probably the best fighter of his generation and knocking on the door of the ATGs
        Well said.... I forgot where I'm posting.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr

Comment

easily rjj

Comment

Roy Jones Jr

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                I find Roy Jones Jr resume more impressive. I feel that Floyd's resume has more consistency in the sense that I don't rate a lot of Roy's opponents but he beat two ATGs in James Toney and Bernard Hopkins.

Floyd's resume has a lot of Hall of famers but lacks an All time great, you could say Marquez but in all honesty there was a noticeable size advantage.
                And Mike McCallum.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  And Mike McCallum.
                  And is that a good win to you?

Comment

yeah but Mikey was fair gone by then, not an ATG victory at all. Roy only proved he could be an arse in that fight with his clowning.

Comment

I actually think this is a good question.... good points to be made on either side.... but judging how people are acting like its a no brainer.... I can only assume that everyone is simply choosing to ignore the brutal and embarassing losses Roy has had over the last 10 years??

Comment

Working...
                      X