Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miranda: When Tony Bellew Stops Running, It Will Be Over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miranda: When Tony Bellew Stops Running, It Will Be Over

By Rick Reeno

Colombian puncher Edison Miranda (35-7, 30KOs) feels very good about his chances to defeat British light heavyweight contender Tony Bellew (17-1, 11KOs) on September 8 at Alexandra Palace in London.

Miranda is training side by side in Las Vegas with WBC champion Chad Dawson, who also returns on September 8th. Dawson will face undefeated Andre Ward at the Oracle in Oakland, California. [Click Here To Read More]

Ha, clearly Miranda hasn't seen Bellew fight. He's not going to be running from anybody. He is very heavy handed and fought in the amateurs as a heavyweight. Miranda is going to get stopped inside 7 rounds.

Comment

Bellew doesn't run but he should be prepared to employ a tentative, boxing on the outside strategy.

I've watched Bellew for the majority of his career and haven't been impressed yet. He's fought decent opposition with his one loss coming to the current and undeserved WBO champion, Nathan Cleverly. However, his best win is Danny McIntosh and he's been down a few times.

He fought as a heavyweight in the amateur ranks and I think he should try his hand in the cruiserweight division. Although he suffered a bad knockdown against McKenzie he was straight back-up and didn't look hurt, but still open for big shots...

He's got good boxing ability but throws the 1-2 a lot and doesn't really show a wide variety of punches. I believe Miranda may still have enough left to knock Bellew out.

Comment

I think Bellew has this by mid - late stoppage.

This is going to be a cracking fight whilst it lasts, if Miranda thinks Bellew is scared to trade, then he is stupid. I reckon Bellew sticks that jab in his face non stop and then closes the show

Comment

Comment

I cant take any man named Miranda Seriously and than statement endources my thoughts 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
              I cant take any man named Miranda Seriously and than statement endources my thoughts 100%
              Miranda...

Edison Miranda...

Comment

Big fan of Edison Miranda; he's had an up-and-down career with many setbacks but his fights are always fan friendly and entertaining. In his last fight, Miranda seemed to crack under pressure and gassed badly in the later rounds. The few the fights before that one, he was looking decent and improved; point is, you never know what you're gonna get with Pantera.

Haven't seen many of Tony Bellew's fights but I saw the Cleverly one where he fought a tough close fight but was outboxed in the later rounds and came up short. This should be a highly entertaining fight.

Comment

War PANTERA!!!

Comment

Yeah, you made a mistake...AA fought you with a broken jaw and was able to whoop your ass despite your dirty tactics during the fight...how you gonna win against Bellew?? gatekeeper

Comment

Working...
                    X