Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gabriel Rosado: "catchweights is b1tch ****.."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought at 154, Rosado would have a good shot at doing something, shoot even at 158 he may have had a decent shot. At 160, I think he is going to be outgunned by 3G and lose the fight by KO. Rosado is pretty slick but he trades shots which might not be the best thing for him to do against 3G.

I admire the heart and it should be a good fight but I can't see him lasting more than 8 rounds in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      I thought at 154, Rosado would have a good shot at doing something, shoot even at 158 he may have had a decent shot. At 160, I think he is going to be outgunned by 3G and lose the fight by KO. Rosado is pretty slick but he trades shots which might not be the best thing for him to do against 3G.

I admire the heart and it should be a good fight but I can't see him lasting more than 8 rounds in this fight.

i don't think the 2 lbs would mean much in this case.

in some cases, 2 lbs can be the difference between victory and defeat.

brandon rios could never make 133 when he was fighting as a LW. he was drainiung himself down to nothing to make 135. 32 more ounces of liquid to shed would probably put him in the hospital. he'd never even make it to the fight.

golovkin isn't a huge MW. he's done growing. he's said that he's comfortable even at 154. i don't think the 158 catchweight would mean much. he was 159 in his last fight, and 158.5 a couple of fights before that one.

they list him at 5'11, which is total nonsense. he's about 5'9" or 5'10 max.

still, though, rosado is giving up an advantage, whether it's mentally or physically, he'd get an edge from bringing golovkin down. it's a small victory.

rosado is a badass for even fighting this guy. nobody wanted the fight. rosado moved up a weigh to take it. huge props to him for that. now he's back on HBO and getting five or six figures.

go get that money, big gabe. this is one of those fights where you like both guys so much that you just want to see a good fight, and nobody getting to badly hurt. this is the hurt business, though, and sombody is going to get his clock cleaned.

Comment

Can't wait till after the fight....

Comment

With weight classes everywhere, its a shame to ask for a catchweight, if u want to challenge somebody you fight them at there weight class wether its higher or lower, u want that guy in ur record or his title u have to fight him at the weight he is champ

Just like Dawson did vs Ward he called out Ward, he wanted to fight Ward n he made the weight to 168 like a true champ

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

brandon rios could never make 133 when he was fighting as a LW. he was drainiung himself down to nothing to make 135. 32 more ounces of liquid to shed would probably put him in the hospital. he'd never even make it to the fight.

golovkin isn't a huge MW. he's done growing. he's said that he's comfortable even at 154. i don't think the 158 catchweight would mean much. he was 159 in his last fight, and 158.5 a couple of fights before that one.

still, though, rosado is giving up an advantage, whether it's mentally or physically, he'd get an edge from bringing golovkin down. it's a small victory.

rosado is a badass for even fighting this guy. nobody wanted the fight. rosado moved up a weigh to take it. huge props to him for that. now he's back on HBO and getting five or six figures.

go get that money, big gabe. this is one of those fights where you like both guys so much that you just want to see a good fight, and nobody getting to badly hurt. this is the hurt business, though, and sombody is going to get his clock cleaned.
            3G looks like he is pretty lean already, something has to give whether that be muscle or fat and he doesn't have much fat to lose and if you get too low in the fat department, you burn out early. In any case the few pounds wouldn't have made too much of a difference but I don't think Rosado does well at 160 whether he is fighting 3G or another 160 pound fighter.

Comment

I love his confidence and I'll be pulling for him for sure. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he pulls the upset, because Golovkin's resume is trash.

Comment

I can't root against this guy even though I like Golovkin.

Rosado has that old school attitude that all boxers should have.

Comment

Golovkin has got this.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

agreed. good post.......

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                      With weight classes everywhere, its a shame to ask for a catchweight, if u want to challenge somebody you fight them at there weight class wether its higher or lower, u want that guy in ur record or his title u have to fight him at the weight he is champ

Just like Dawson did vs Ward he called out Ward, he wanted to fight Ward n he made the weight to 168 like a true champ
                      and that worked out well for him......his camp did ask for a catchweight of 170, but ward's team turned it down though. it would have helped a bit if there was a catchweight for that fight considering dawson had to drain himself down 6 or 7 lbs from his last weigh-in to make 168..and people ***** and moan about cotto draining down to 145 even though he was 146 in his last fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X