No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
    Yesterday some Chinese kid named Tommy and his dad came into to the gym (they usually do for sparring) had a video of the kid working the mitts with Roger Mayweather, and said that they were allowed to watch Floyd spar. The kid's dad said that Floyd got dropped by one of his sparring partners with a body shot. Can anyone confirm this? It supposedly happened during the easter weekend.
    i was on another message board and i heard the same thing so chances are the story is true !!!!!! and it looks like floydie isnt as unstopaable as some of his fans claim !!!!! if hes getting beat up in sparring , how is he going to be able to take cottos devestating body punches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Here we go again...the only thing i can say is every time Cotto has fought a fighter who was supposed to beat him with speed he has managed to match their speed or actually make them look slower, ex. Paulie,Zab,Shane,and for the first few rounds even the bolt of lightning that is Pacman. Also I never heard of anyone saying Cotto "gasses out" until after the 1st Margarito fight, and that is highly controversial. How anyone can say who is faster without even seeing the two of them in the same ring is beyond me. Much props to Floyd for taking his most challenging fight to date, without a catch-weight!!!1

Comment

• Originally posted by Discipline View Post

Floyd looks ripped.

He's trained hard for this fight evidently.

Comment

• Good post.......

"Much props to Floyd for taking his most challenging fight to date, without a catch-weight" Good post here but let's not give Maynever too much credit just yet. He is still a cherry-picker. He only took this fight because Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing and he think's he is finished. Don't let him fool you. Cotto will win the fight because he has a unique skill-set that May hasn't been in the ring with yet. Further more, he fights for legacy before money and that will be the difference. The fact that Floyd hasn't always fought the best, will come back to hunt him and this is cherry-picking gone BAD! I can't wait for May 5th man. History will be made.

Comment

• "We had more than one reason for deciding to pick the Mayweather fight instead of the Pacquiao fight, you know. I received better treatment in Mayweather negotiations. We decided to go with Mayweather.

Everything happens in life for a reason, you know. The fight didn't happen 4 or 5, 6 years ago, but it happens now, you know? I feel better right now after Margarito's fight on December 3rd, I feel much better with myself. I think this is the moment, my moment for the fight.

I had everything, I think from Margarito's victory, things stole from me; things he grabbed from myself, you know, and I have it back. I feel much better right now." - Miguel "T-rex" Cotto

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              "We had more than one reason for deciding to pick the Mayweather fight instead of the Pacquiao fight, you know. I received better treatment in Mayweather negotiations. We decided to go with Mayweather.

Everything happens in life for a reason, you know. The fight didn't happen 4 or 5, 6 years ago, but it happens now, you know? I feel better right now after Margarito's fight on December 3rd, I feel much better with myself. I think this is the moment, my moment for the fight.

I had everything, I think from Margarito's victory, things stole from me; things he grabbed from myself, you know, and I have it back. I feel much better right now." - Miguel "T-rex" Cotto
              Pac-tards are going to call Cotto a liar...

Comment

• damn @ floyd arms at 0:23

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                  damn @ floyd arms at 0:23

Yeah, Floyd looks ready to go for war in this fight. You know, it's not that us Floyd fan really want to discount anything about Cotto as we know he is a great fighter, we just think that it doesn't really matter about what Miguel wants to do because Floyd is just far more talented than virtually everyone else. Computbox numbers only tell a portion of the story, the eye test will tell you the rest. This is not like Mike Tyson not training for Buster Douglas., the term gym rat was made for people like him. My sig gives testament to that. He does not overlook fighters. Every fight, in the lead up, fans of the opponent comes out of the woodwork to say why Floyd is going to lose. People bring up Castillo and De La Hoya's jab, as they did Ortiz knocking down every opponent he's ever faced and now Cotto with his new trainer. You would think with the way people are talking that Floyd has not learned something too. He's a far smarter fighter than years prior and his body has filled out. When he fought DLH at 154, Floyd was small as ****, look at him now, he is going to come to bang. Ortiz had him by like what, 15 pounds on fight night? Who was backing up who again? Miguel is a genuinely nice guy but the villain is winning on May 5th before he goes to serve a bid.

Comment

• Cotto open workout video!

Enjoy

Comment

• With the exception of throwing some lead right hands, Cotto is throwing everything off of his jab, some good work.

Comment

Working...
                      X