No announcement yet.

Who Gives Murray A Chance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taansend View Post
    My point on this is that is the Martinez that faces Murray the same Martinez that faced Barker & Macklin?

He's 1-2 years closer to 40 & coming off some surgery. Seeing how he got pushed hard in his last 3 fights, coupled with the injuries has me dreaming a little...

As for the Falklands saga, it's just political maneuvering. If things are going badly at home, stir up trouble with an 'enemy'. Bush did it with Iraq & politicians have been doing it since civilisations began.
    He is getting a bit older and will be following surgery but I still think a 80/90% Martinez beats Murray although I'd love to be proved wrong.

Comment

Murrays a strong fighter and has responded well to pressure so far but I can't seeing stopping Martinez, as he'll probably have to do to get a win.

Comment

Very little chance,he will make it competitive and has nothing to lose,but i feel he could get beat up pretty bad

Comment

I don't think Murray is allowed to fight in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon_Gekko View Post
            Aye, he's got a criminal record.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon_Gekko View Post
              Bureaucracy is great isn't it. We can buy semi automatic weapons willy nilly but we won't allow a boxer in to take part in a sporting contest.

Comment

i haven't seen much of him only two fights. He looked VERY slow in both. I think Martinez will use him for target practice and stop him late

Comment

it depends on Martinez. if Martinez if back to being himself then he should win easily.

Murray has a style made for Martinez. Macklin fought off his back foot and Barker covered up and countered with short punches. in both cases they were forcing Martinez to lead which he doesn't like to do.

Murray will lead and Martinez will counter punch him to death and probably get a mid to late round KO.

Comment

Working...
                  X