Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Expects a Huge 2013 With Mayweather's Double

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pacquiao manages to beat Marquez, and than kills Rios in April like he will, what the hype for Floyd-Pac go through the roof once again.

Anyways, while I'm not a fan of Floyd-Guerrero, it's a decent/solid fight against a Top WW. But it doesn't do anything for Floyd. I'm hoping they do Canelo-Trout as the Co-Main Event, because I read something where Schaefer said they'd have Floyd in the main event and than Canelo once again as the Co-Main. If Canelo manages to beat Trout, than Floyd-Canelo is a very legit and big fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      The thing that pissed me off about Sergio not getting this fight is he offered to take 20% to fight Mayweather at 154..that's a hell of a bargain for a blockbuster ppv if you ask me..I don't buy many ppv's but that one i'll buy for sure..
      What really pisses me off, is how the general public, flat out wants to ignore that Manny literally ran from a possible Sergio fight. That doesn't matter though, because as long as people are calling Floyd out, when Floyd IS NOT EVEN IN A RING, it's a legit call out, and because Floyd takes these breaks after fights, idiots like you all consider them ducks. It's like high school. I'm absent for a day, and some guy slanders my name through the halls trying to fight me, to the slower classes I'm running from a fight, but I'm absent from school lol, i'm not there

Comment

• It's time to just recognize that Floyd-Pac will never happen. Floyd will always be greedy with his money, Arum will continue to say he'll never work with Golden Boy, Pac will continue to agree to certain stuff only when he has another fight signed. It's never going to happen, and if it doesn't in 2013, than f**k it.

And as far as Floyd-Sergio, I find it funny that anyone thinks Floyd that started at 130 should have anything to do with a full sized Middleweight. Sergio hasn't been to 154 in 4 years, and has his own challenges at 160 which he seems to not be fighting. Golovkin, Pirog, Geale, and even Quillin down the road a bit. If he really wanted to mae a serious push for Canelo or Floyd, he could move down in weight and fight top fighters at 154. But then people will say "Why would he kill himself to make weight for non-money fights at 154"???? Well if he's going to kill himself to make weight at 154 and he isn't a natural 154 lb fighter like many have stated, than he needs to stop calling out smaller fighters there, and face his own biggest threats in his own weight class. Floyd has no obligation to fight Sergio, neither does Pacquiao.
        Last edited by 4Corners; 12-06-2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          If Pacquiao manages to beat Marquez, and than kills Rios in April like he will, what the hype for Floyd-Pac go through the roof once again.

Anyways, while I'm not a fan of Floyd-Guerrero, it's a decent/solid fight against a Top WW. But it doesn't do anything for Floyd. I'm hoping they do Canelo-Trout as the Co-Main Event, because I read something where Schaefer said they'd have Floyd in the main event and than Canelo once again as the Co-Main. If Canelo manages to beat Trout, than Floyd-Canelo is a very legit and big fight.
          I thought Canelo's ego is now too big to be apart of an undercard?

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          It's time to just recognize that Floyd-Pac will never happen. Floyd will always be greedy with his money, Arum will continue to say he'll never work with Golden Boy, Pac will continue to agree to certain stuff only when he has another fight signed. It's never going to happen, and if it doesn't in 2013, than f**k it.
          truth

Comment

• cool.....we get to see Mr. 24/7 twice next year.....it's a shame I only got to see my dude just once a year the past years.....no man has more memorable 24/7 moments than the king himself, Mr 24/7...Roger Mayweather!!!

who cares about Floyd and who he fights these days?!? ....he's NOT fighting Sergio or Manny so I really don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              there isnt no buzz for the fight because we have seen it 3 times already and people should be encouraged not to buy this ppv.

If the fans actually refuse to buy PPV and tickets, the promoters wont have much choice.

I hope that actually happens with this fight and with PBF fight in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
                99.9% of Pac fans are idiots! Doesn't pac have a fight Saturday? Why are people worried about Floyd/Pac when Marquez has the style and has proven he can take pac? If Pac feels in his heart he beat Marquez, like he says he beat Bradley why is he fighting him for a fourth time??

All I am saying is, if Mayweather been knocked out twice, refused drug testing, was fighting Marquez this Saturday for a fourth time, used catch weights in numerous bouts, been knocked down almost 10 times in his career. And if Pac was undefeated, beat common opponents before Mayweather, never been knocked down, and dominated all of his fights I would say Pac is the best, but that is not the case.

I actually give Pac credit, for the Cotto, Diaz, Hatton, Margaritto fight he looked good.

Haters say "Floyd is ducking Margaritto/Mosley" who fought the winner, and who fought the loser of their next fight? Mosley's next fight was Mayweather, Marg got suspended for a year then fought Pac his next fight.
                The only idiot here is you, your post are all non-sense, you should go back to your cave now

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  I see Guerrero May 4th and Canelo Sept 14th. Kind of weird a black guy wants nothing more than to fight on Mexican holiday's but whatever that's where the money is.
                  You know this will be the case because Guerrero is smaller than Floyd is. If Floyd were to fight Canelo first and lose.....it's a done deal for his career. If he fights the smaller Guerrero and wins, he can look forward to another mega payday in September against Canelo. Showcasing Canelo on the under card of the Floyd-Guerrero fight in May would just add to the attraction of the Floyd-Canelo fight in September too.

Guerrero will be a much tougher fight for Floyd than he thinks it will be, I can promise you that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    You know this will be the case because Guerrero is smaller than Floyd is. If Floyd were to fight Canelo first and lose.....it's a done deal for his career. If he fights the smaller Guerrero and wins, he can look forward to another mega payday in September against Canelo. Showcasing Canelo on the under card of the Floyd-Guerrero fight in May would just add to the attraction of the Floyd-Canelo fight in September too.

Guerrero will be a much tougher fight for Floyd than he thinks it will be, I can promise you that.
                    Really??? He's smaller right now???

Both are 5'8'' and Guerrero weighed 152 lbs against Berto on fight night. He's the same size, maybe a couple lbs heavier than Floyd is.

Floyd won't fight Canelo until he does something legit first, and if Canelo beats a Trout on May 4th, the best fight at 154 aside from Mayweather, that would be enough to warrant Floyd-Canelo.

What will Guerrero do that will trouble Floyd??? Pressure.....Cotto is one of the better pressure fighters in the game, and he couldn't do s**t when he had Floyd on the ropes and often got out fought when he had Floyd on the ropes. Box.....he's not going to beat Floyd from a distance in the middle of the ring. I don't see what Guerrero is going to that will trouble him.

Comment

• all boxing roads lead to floyd mayweather jr

Comment

Working...
                      X