Floyds next opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
    Lets look at some possible options.

Canelo- Highly doubt Floyd fights Canelo. Floyd looked very lackluster against Cotto at 154lb. Floyd takes too many breaks against the ropes, that's something you can't do against Canelo. Floyd doesn't have the power to slow Canelo down. Canelo walks Floyd down and picks him apart. High risk fight, Floyd isn't stupid enough to choose Canelo.

Pacquiao- First it was blood testing, then the split, now Pac's too "desperate". Fight will never happen. Floyd can't afford to lose to the Midget he's been trash talking for the past 3 years. Think of all the ridicule he'd get.

"Floyd ducked Pac for 3 years, when he finally stepped up, the midget ran through him". Floyd won't risk it.

Martinez- After the Chavez destruction, Floyd will avoid Sergio. I'd be absolutely shocked if Floyd fights Sergio, even at 154lb I'd give him full credit.

Berto/Guerrero- This is the most attractive fight for Floyd. He'd be fighting a fighter coming off of a win. High reward/No risk fight. Floyd is #1 p4p at selecting opponents. He knows how to select opponents at the right time.

Mosley- Coming off of KO'ing Margarito. In reality Mosley was shot to peices, long lay-off, and couldn't construct a sentence without slurring. (Much respect to Mosley)

Ortiz- Coming off of beating the undefeated Berto. In reality Berto was overrated and Ortiz was a known quitter, but hey Ortiz was a young hungry lion right?

Cotto- Coming off of Margarito II win. Cotto took two heavy beatings and hasn't fought anybody of relevance while with top rank. (Yuri, Mayorga? One-eye Margarito?)

You see, Floyd definitely knows how to select opponents. My prediction: Floyd fights the Berto/Guerrero winner.
    i can see him fighting berto because he came off a win lol sounds like him but we will see... but was this thread really a question or just showing us how u feel about him?

Comment

pac is slowing down something awful but still not enough to make it a 100% safe bet for him so floyd will continue to think up lame ass excuses to avoid that one - "he's not even his own boss, he smells funny i don't like the shape of his beard" or whatever - martinez ??? lol just lol floyd will run like the wind from that - canelo is a little too young and a little too hungry he probably has a 5% chance of pulling an upset so that won't sit well with floyd - i guess its somewhat more likely than the other two but still probably not - of the options there that leaves the winner of berto/guerrero - that would be sellable I guess and should be a fairly handy one for him. Also if kahn gets a win he'd probably look good to floyd too ... sigh

Comment

Pac and Martinez are out of the question. Martinez is too dangerous and Pac bc of the beef with Arum/50 Cent.
        I would be pleasantly surprised if he took on Canelo. It would be a high risk fight for Floyd as Canelo would be able to pressure him and get some damage in. I would give him major props for giving the young guy a chance to prove himself.
        Personally I think we are on our way to seeing a Danny Garcia fight on Cinco De Drinko weekend in 2013.

Comment

Thread bookmarked........

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
            pac is slowing down something awful but still not enough to make it a 100% safe bet for him so floyd will continue to think up lame ass excuses to avoid that one - "he's not even his own boss, he smells funny i don't like the shape of his beard" or whatever - martinez ??? lol just lol floyd will run like the wind from that - canelo is a little too young and a little too hungry he probably has a 5% chance of pulling an upset so that won't sit well with floyd - i guess its somewhat more likely than the other two but still probably not - of the options there that leaves the winner of berto/guerrero - that would be sellable I guess and should be a fairly handy one for him. Also if kahn gets a win he'd probably look good to floyd too ... sigh
            floyd and arums business history is the main reason this fight isnt happening the rest is smoke n mirrors and bullsht to keep people typing long azz comments like this one! these dudes are professional boxers who have been doing this for the majority of their lifes nobody is scared man!

Comment

He'd get s**t on so bad if he fought Canelo next. You know it, I know it, Floyd knows it. He won't fight him until he does something legit first, like beat Cotto in May.

Sergio, he's a MW still, and it's pretty funny that people expect a guy who's been through 5 weight classes already and started at 130, to fight a fully natural sized MW right now. I know why Sergio is trying to chase the money against smaller fighters, but it doesn't do anything for his legacy. He'd better serve his legacy cleaning out MW or going up to 168 for one fight against Andre Ward. But you know that'll never happen.

For the Spring, I see two options. Manny Pacquiao or the Andre Berto/Robert Guerrero winner. And what's funny is this......the Manny fans will hate on Floyd-Berto/Guerrero, even though the winner of that fight would be one of the Top WW's out there for sure, and a better opponent than Clottey/Margarito/Mosley/Marquez were at the times he fought them, without question. But I'd rather see Floyd and Manny finally get it on in the Spring 2013, and see the Berto/Guerrero winner fight Bradley, and than see Rios fight Marquez.

And when Canelo actually gets a decent or really good win, and then Floyd beats him, I'll definitely bump this thread where people are starting the "Floyd won't fight Canelo" crap.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                Pac and Martinez are out of the question. Martinez is too dangerous and Pac bc of the beef with Arum/50 Cent.
                I would be pleasantly surprised if he took on Canelo. It would be a high risk fight for Floyd as Canelo would be able to pressure him and get some damage in. I would give him major props for giving the young guy a chance to prove himself.
                Personally I think we are on our way to seeing a Danny Garcia fight on Cinco De Drinko weekend in 2013.
                Canelo's already got Cinco De Mayo weekend on lock it seems. I bet Floyd will fight in either April, June/July, or not until September sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                  Ortiz- Coming off of beating the undefeated Berto. In reality Berto was overrated and Ortiz was a known quitter, but hey Ortiz was a young hungry lion right?
                  There you go. And Ortiz is nowhere near Canelo's boxing skills.

Comment

Floyd is a blatant cherry picker, yet still somehow manages to fool his fans and even boxing experts into thinking he picks great opponents.

Floyd wants credit for beating a fighter coming off of a win even though hes got 10 losses like Baldomir or 5 losses like SSM.

Should floyd get more credit for beating SSM than Vernon Forest or Miguel Cotto just cos SSM came off of a win over no plaster in gloves Margarito? Its like Floyd is God just cos he beat SSM even though Vernon beat him in his prime.

Floyd is a joke, he said something along the lines of i will fight 5 more times and then retire. But obviously not all against young lions, or dangersous fighters.
                    Bh can fighter Tarver, Pavlik, JC, Dawson in his twilight years so what is FLoyd smoking?

Comment

Guerrero/Berto winner at 154..........we all know that will be his choice and the opponent (Guerrero of course once he shuts Berto down) will move up for the payday.

Comment

Working...
                      X