No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander vs. Khan Likely Next; Devon Wants Floyd, Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander vs. Khan Likely Next; Devon Wants Floyd, Too

With Amir Khan moving up to welterweight, and with Devon Alexander’s win this past Saturday over Lee Purdy, Khan and Alexander remain on track to meet in December, said Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer.

That bout could provide a future opponent for Floyd Mayweather.

Here’s what Schaefer said on Friday, the day before Alexander-Purdy after the weigh-in in Atlantic City:

“I think that would be a way for Amir to get himself familiar at the 147-pound weight class, hopefully make an impression at the weight class, and that’s how you ease your way into an eventual Mayweather fight.” [Click Here To Read More]

Not a bad fight. They have a lil unsettled business from their days at 140. That said, I was hoping that Devon would consider fighting the Broner-Paulie winner in a "unification", especially if its Broner. We've never seen Broner in with another fast, slick, athletic, aka black fighter. And I'm very curious to see how he reacts when in the ring with someone he's not worlds more athletic than. Plus, when it comes to the Floyd sweepstakes. I'd say sitting there with a couple belts would make someone a more attractive option than just a win over Khan.

Comment

alexander has put in the work. but i would like to see him vs the ghost. i truely believe that khan wants no part of mathysse nor garcia.

Comment

Khan would fight anyone and I have to admire that about him.

Comment

You can say khan would fight anyone but in reality we all know he'll never fight matthysse. Why the hell are the putting him on ice till December anyway? Alexander looked weak last night, no starch in his punches, its no coincedence they're putting him in there with khan. And these 2 guys are vying for a mayweather fight, talk about a tough sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Khan would fight anyone and I have to admire that about him.
            if thats the case. then why is he talking about fighting alexander in december ? while he suppose to be the final fight in the 140 tourney. khan wants no part of mathysse nor garcia. his expression last night proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by shoog View Post
              You can say khan would fight anyone but in reality we all know he'll never fight matthysse. Why the hell are the putting him on ice till December anyway? Alexander looked weak last night, no starch in his punches, its no coincedence they're putting him in there with khan. And these 2 guys are vying for a mayweather fight, talk about a tough sell.
              He can't fight or train until the fall because of Ramadan

Comment

Devon vs Khan is a good match up, both are very fast, both use the ring and move around

I think it will go 12rounds, I don't think Devon has enough power to KO Khan, he doesn't sit on his punches.

It will be a close fight, I think Khan could edge it, if he boxes smart like he did against Zab and Paulie

Bring it on

Comment

Alexander-Khan
                  Matthysse-Garcia
                  Mayweather-Alvarez

Figure out what you want to do after that. All three of those fights make too much sense not to happen.

I think I'll pick Khan over Devon, too. Maybe I'm just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Alexander-Khan
                    Matthysse-Garcia
                    Mayweather-Alvarez

Figure out what you want to do after that. All three of those fights make too much sense not to happen.

I think I'll pick Khan over Devon, too. Maybe I'm just stupid.
                    mouth watering

Comment

Working...
                    X