Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers that get excess hate!! rainboes aint right!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
    So, he's terrible for having confidence? So he should instead say "I think I'm only a top 140lber, and that I should stay as far away from the best fighters in the world (who happen to be near my weight class)"

Doesn't make sense... If he wasn't confident, he'd have ducked a lot more people... Then what would u have said??

His poor defense is more to do with Roach, and with his own confidence in his offense... But now that he's learned a lesson, let's see where things go...

In the end, he's still one of the more talented fighters in the world, and unlike Ortiz, who literally has everything Pacquiao himself has (minus chin and brain), Khan can actually go places with it.
    I didn't say he's terrible for having confidence. There's a difference between confidence and arrogance.

His arrogance far exceeds what he's achieved in the sport.

Khan has no boxing IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      I didn't say he's terrible for having confidence. There's a difference between confidence and arrogance.

His arrogance far exceeds what he's achieved in the sport.

Khan has no boxing IQ.
      to be fair, he'd unified 2 major titles before the age of 25, and won his 1st world title at 22, thats pretty epic. No British boxer has done that recently, so that in mind hes had a much better start than anyone in the last few decades. But I agree that he overrates himself in view of his losses.

His accent doesnt help, its a minority British one that some Southerners tend to disregard as thick.
      Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-28-2012, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Every boxer that gets hate deserves it to some extent.

The only one who I can think of right now is Donaire who is fighting 4 times this year...

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          Every boxer that gets hate deserves it to some extent.

The only one who I can think of right now is Donaire who is fighting 4 times this year...
          yet still gets hate

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
            yet still gets hate
            Yup, it's mostly coming from Rigohuggers who are irrelevant to begin with so I guess it's not that bad.

Comment

I don't like it when people say Khan has never ducked anyone. He didn't want to fight Maidana, Maidana was paid to step aside for a year or 3 fights....whichever came first. After the year was up he still refused to fight Maidana. Maidana had to write a begging letter to whichever belt organisation it was to force Khan to fight him. Only the was the fight made.

Ducked Prescott's repeated challenges, has refused to redeem himself after that loss. And from a business point of view that fight is huge...... That fight will sell like hot cakes.

Comment

hatton is the most hted /loved fighter

why anyone would hate a fighter like him is beyond me

Comment

This forum really is full of a bunch of emotional sissys

So you hate on a fighter because of his fanbase? Who gives a flying **** what his fans say you set of emotional b1tches. Its common sense that certain fighters are going to have fans who are gonna overrate them and think the world of them. Fighters like Bute and Khan are not exactly a common entity in boxing so of course they're gonna have many deluded fans who think the world of them. I cant think of many Polish Canadians(or whatever the **** he is) or British Pakistanis at world level in boxing today. Of course it would just be better if this nationalistic crap wasn't even relevant in boxing but it is what it is.

Every fighter has his fair share of ******ed fans, its common sense the ones with a bigger/more diverse fanbase will have more than say Jonny Nobody with a total of 3 fans to his name. Stop being a emotional little girl and judging a fighter on his fanbase and just judge them on errrr i dunno maybe the actual boxing bit?

Comment

Originally posted by maverickuk2 View Post
                    Amir Khan - has fought everyone in his division that hasn't ducked him, trains extremely hard and fights even though he has a very weak chin. looses so he changes trainer to move his career forward. I respect him in the ring!! cry's and makes excuses when he looses

Lucian Bute - Until Carl Froch, was undefeated with a 30 - 0 record with 24 KO. Agreed to a two fight contract with Carl Froch putting his IBF belt on the line. Bute was gracious through out the whole build up but was also very gracious in defeat. Has since made his comeback fight. Padded record with home town wins and poor refereeing "Andrade"

Canelo Alvarez - Undefeated with wins such as Mosley, Lopez, Cintron and Gomez. Has an exciting fighting style and is a big draw and is still young. Looks for tougher challenges and calls them out in the media* *not been matched properly and hasn't had a real test to date.

What do you guys think? Excess hate or deserved hate?

lucian bute nutthuggers were way to arrogant.
                    diserves some verbal abuse still.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                      His accent doesnt help, its a minority British one that some Southerners tend to disregard as thick.
                      This is indeed true. I am from Oxford, where English is spoken in its truest form, and Khan sounds like a neanderthal to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X