Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Thomas Hearns at 147lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearns KD FMJ at Rd 1 2x then fight will be stopped at Rd 5 mercily due FMJ unable to throw punches

Comment

WHENEVER the "Who you think can beat Floyd?" question hits my ears...the FIRST fighter that comes to mind is Tommy Hearns.....I've ALWAYS felt if ANYBODY could OUTBOX Floyd....it has to be Tommy.....there's no doubt that Tommy would POSSIBLY stop him....but there's a reason why Floyd's defense is so great....and I think ppl have to give him more credit when it comes to that part of his game....KOing Floyd wouldn't be easy for NONE of the ATGs IMO....Tommy is a boxer whose NEVER been outboxed and packs one of the deadliest right hands EVER at 147...I would bet on him beating Floyd by a UD....8-4 or 9-3....something in that range

Comment

I reckon Hearns goes in as the favourite. I'd say it would most likely be a decision for hearns or a late TKO, because its much harder to KO a guy with good defense, a good chin and good conditioning early in the fight, but i do think it would be an early knockdown. Styles make fights and this is definitely the worst matchup possible Mayweather.

That being said, I would not count out Mayweather because the guy adapts very well to his opponent. Hence it would be 80-20 or 70-30 in Hearns favour.

Comment

Floyd would have to fight on the inside to win because on the outside Hearns would out range him badly.

I don't think it is a foregone conclusion at 147 because Hearns could be had on the inside and Floyd is a pretty good inside fighter but I certainly understand why people feel Hearns would be a very tough task for Floyd.

It would be interesting to see if Floyd could pull that off.

Comment

Floyd would never get past that jab

and if a 39 year old mosley can land 2 right hands and buckle floyd's knees, i'd hate to think what hearns would do to him

you cant outbox hearns

/thread
            Last edited by ts33; 11-06-2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Hearns would win, height, reach, a superb jab, can box and has one punch KO power.

Comment

yes hearns will win this easily, ppl forget how big hearns was.

that shoulder roll only works vs similar size or smaller fighters.

hearns will punch over that shoulder with that extra leverage.

Comment

Working...
                X