Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can anyone who drinks alcohol criticize someone who smokes weed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
    Why are cigarettes even legal??they do nothing good and only cause death??Weed atleast is a medicine
    unfortunately Tobacco is a very big selling cash crop ... thus the popularity and availability

I also think cigarettes are a complete waste and serve next to no purpose

an addictive product that slowly deteriorates your health

**plus I just hate the smell of cigarette smoke

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    I should point out that I'm in favour of legalising weed (and all drugs) but that
    just wondering why you're in favor of legalizing all drugs? IMO at first and especially in America that would appear to be a terrible idea

because it gives instant gratification, and the idea of want want want

but then again, with all drugs legal it takes that negative stigma away of certain drug being seen as illegal

^ but to me, that'd kind of take away a lot of the fun, particularly from drinking

going to bars and seeing the occasional snotty 18-19 year old act out because he drank too much

plus if I was in HS at the time and going to a party, much of the appeal of going to parties.. aside from the social aspect it's the idea that you're doing something illegal

with the drinking age at 18, that'd remove some of the fun from it.

and judging from some of the comments on the board, below has been shown to be true

"People who smoke weed have a tedious habit of telling everyone how great weed is and how alcohol is so horribly bad."

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
    They should legalize it and tax the crap out of it.
    ^ now that'd be kinda funny IMO. But honestly if weed is legalized, something really needs to be done against tobacco

I've heard people complain about the smell of weed, but cigarettes are pretty awful smelling as well. Plus I'm a bit tired of all the second hand smoke

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
      unfortunately Tobacco is a very big selling cash crop ... thus the popularity and availability

I also think cigarettes are a complete waste and serve next to no purpose

an addictive product that slowly deteriorates your health

**plus I just hate the smell of cigarette smoke

just wondering why you're in favor of legalizing all drugs? IMO at first and especially in America that would appear to be a terrible idea

because it gives instant gratification, and the idea of want want want

but then again, with all drugs legal it takes that negative stigma away of certain drug being seen as illegal

^ but to me, that'd kind of take away a lot of the fun, particularly from drinking

going to bars and seeing the occasional snotty 18-19 year old act out because he drank too much

plus if I was in HS at the time and going to a party, much of the appeal of going to parties.. aside from the social aspect it's the idea that you're doing something illegal

with the drinking age at 18, that'd remove some of the fun from it.
      Legalise, tax, restrict and put the proceeds of taxation into treatment for addicts. Frankly drugs addicts are treated like criminals and not like patients. They should be treated like patients and helped to stop using drugs if they want to.

Comment

• It's funny when all the weed smokers say they should legalize and tax it without thinking of the implications. They think everything would be the same and they could go down to their dealer and pick up the same stuff they've always gotten, but legal now.

Except for the fact that it would most likely be legalized, corporatized, monopolized, regulated, diluted, and the same people that were shouting for it to be legalized would be complaining about taxes and reminiscing about how things were better before it was legalized. Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Legalise, tax, restrict and put the proceeds of taxation into treatment for addicts. Frankly drugs addicts are treated like criminals and not like patients. They should be treated like patients and helped to stop using drugs if they want to.

you're looking at it in fair terms, but i dont think you've got a full understanding of the character of drug or alcohol users.

most drug use is not viewed in that sense. people don't think that they're doing wrong. they dont believe they are sick. they live largely normal lives.
          certain drugs in moderation (coffee, alcohol, marijuana,) are next to harmless.

it sounds like you've developed strong opinions on the subject, which is fine. but how much do you really know about drug users? do you really understand them? and how did you learn about them?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            you're looking at it in fair terms, but i dont think you've got a full understanding of the character of drug or alcohol users.

most drug use is not viewed in that sense. people don't think that they're doing wrong. they dont believe they are sick. they live largely normal lives.
            certain drugs in moderation (coffee, alcohol, marijuana,) are next to harmless.

it sounds like you've developed strong opinions on the subject, which is fine. but how much do you really know about drug users? do you really understand them? and how did you learn about them?
            Some drug users develop problems. Some drug users do not. But both the drug users who need help and the ones who don't are turned into criminals because an arbitrary set of substances are deemed to be against the law.

Legalising drugs removes the principle barrier that stops problem drug users from seeking help with their addiction and also removes the principle means of income from the criminal fraternity.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Legalise, tax, restrict and put the proceeds of taxation into treatment for addicts. Frankly drugs addicts are treated like criminals and not like patients They should be treated like patients and helped to stop using drugs if they want to.
              I could dig that, but for some really addictive drugs (cocaine) you have to be careful because some big time addicts fiend for that stuff, and the restricting bit might not fly too well with them

"deemed to be against the law."

and that might be true, but lets say all drugs are legal now, I could still see someone getting desperate enough to kill someone else for drugs

^ hopefully those crimes won't be in the majority, but IMO it's still a cause for concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
                I could dig that, but for some really addictive drugs (cocaine) you have to be careful because some big time addicts fiend for that stuff, and the restricting bit might not fly too well with them
                It's already restricted because it's illegal. It would be restricted availability in the same way that alcohol and tobacco are restricted. And those people could be provided with treatment.

By the way currently drug addiction can be considered a mitigating circumstance when sentencing for related crime. In my world it would not be. The penalty for crimes committed under the influence of drugs would be higher, drug use would be an aggravating factor. But you can only declare drugs aggravating if you have treatment plans fully available.

"deemed to be against the law."

and that might be true, but lets say all drugs are legal now, I could still see someone getting desperate enough to kill someone else for drugs
                Wow, you're absolutely right. That would never happen if drugs were illegal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                  Alcohol is worse than weed in every way....

People even differentiate getting "drunk" with getting "high" like alcohol is not a drug lol.

When you're drunk, you turn into an idiot version of yourself, and you can't function normally on anything you do.

When you're high on weed, you just see things differently, or you block out bad thoughts. You can do everything you normally do as long as you don't couch lock yourself. And sometimes you function even more efficiently because you notice things you didn't notice before.

And then weed is not addictive, harmful to your health, or has any withdrawal side effects.. unlike alcohol.

They can criticize them fine.

For one they are breaking the law (In pretty much all countries) and drinking alcohol is not breaking the law.

When you drink, you don't have to get drunk, when you smoke you have to get high.

You act like a fool when high and should not operate heavy machinery, drive or do anything that requires intellectual thought, reactions or motor skills.

It is addictive and it is harmful to your health.

It also makes those around you breathe in your harmful fumes, drinking does do that.

See it's quite easy to criticize.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xweetie
                    I havnt read the rest of y'all comments but weed illegal, beer isnt And why do either? dont you guys get some P----? Girls dont go to nightclub for dancing....
                    You must be high right now.

Comment

• alcohol legal, weed is illegal, therefore you can criticize. in the same manner driving drunk is illegal, driving sober is legal, therefore, it is ok to criticize.

Comment

Working...
                      X