No announcement yet.

Silva insists St. Pierre fight 'must happen'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silva insists St. Pierre fight 'must happen'

Anderson Silva has admitted he sees little point in facing Yushin Okami at UFC Rio, but he does insist that a superfight with Georges St. Pierre "has to happen.

I don't want to see it anymore. I'm sure people wanna see Silva vs. Jones, and GSP vs. Diaz.

Comment

This is the problem with combat sports. You get a fight urraybody wanna see, then all the sudden some new hot thing comes around and everybody gets dumb. I can see it now, if Silva beats GSP and goes into retirement alil later everybody's going to be like "Silva picked on the littler GSP instead of Jones". Like Trinidad vs Hopkins. That gay dumb stuff.

Anderson has nothing to prove by fighting Jones. Jones hasn't even defended his title once yet. It's a cool fantasy match up but even if it did happen I don't think it should happen for another year or 2.

GSP vs Silva right now is the Pac vs Floyd of MMA. #1 & #2 P4P battling it out to see probably who is the greatest fighter in MMA all time. It needs to happen.

Comment

no biatch go fight Jones u motherfawker.

Comment

i say spider fights gsp and then jones...

Comment

Originally posted by TKD1 View Post
            Anderson Silva has admitted he sees little point in facing Yushin Okami at UFC Rio, but he does insist that a superfight with Georges St. Pierre "has to happen.
            Hell yeah! That would be a great fight! Silva takes it!

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
              This is the problem with combat sports. You get a fight urraybody wanna see, then all the sudden some new hot thing comes around and everybody gets dumb. I can see it now, if Silva beats GSP and goes into retirement alil later everybody's going to be like "Silva picked on the littler GSP instead of Jones". Like Trinidad vs Hopkins. That gay dumb stuff.

Anderson has nothing to prove by fighting Jones. Jones hasn't even defended his title once yet. It's a cool fantasy match up but even if it did happen I don't think it should happen for another year or 2.

GSP vs Silva right now is the Pac vs Floyd of MMA. #1 & #2 P4P battling it out to see probably who is the greatest fighter in MMA all time. It needs to happen.
              Isn't it a cherrypick, who has he beat at MW?

I am not particularly interested in GSP/Silva at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Isn't it a cherrypick, who has he beat at MW?

I am not particularly interested in GSP/Silva at all.
                It ain't even like that with MMA. BJ's been damn good at welterweight and he is arguably the greatest lightweight fighter ever. GSP is arguably the greatest fighter ever besides Anderson & Fedor.

The light heavyweight title has been tossed around like a cheap hooker. Nobody has remained Light Heavyweight champ in over a year since Rampage. Everybody thought Rampage was unstoppable, don't know about Forrest but everybody thought Rashad & Machida would be unstoppable. Then Shogun. Now Jon Jones. I ain't fallin' for that ***** again.

GSP vs Silva has been the most talked about fight of the last 2-3 years. That makes me think the whole MMA world or hardcore fans by now know this isn't some huge cherrypicking mismatch. It would be the biggest MMA fight ever.

You just ain't been a fan long enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                  It ain't even like that with MMA. BJ's been damn good at welterweight and he is arguably the greatest lightweight fighter ever. GSP is arguably the greatest fighter ever besides Anderson & Fedor.

The light heavyweight title has been tossed around like a cheap hooker. Nobody has remained Light Heavyweight champ in over a year since Rampage. Everybody thought Rampage was unstoppable, don't know about Forrest but everybody thought Rashad & Machida would be unstoppable. Then Shogun. Now Jon Jones. I ain't fallin' for that ***** again.

GSP vs Silva has been the most talked about fight of the last 2-3 years. That makes me think the whole MMA world or hardcore fans by now know this isn't some huge cherrypicking mismatch. It would be the biggest MMA fight ever.

You just ain't been a fan long enough...
                  Nate, do you work for UFC?

Silva is probably at least 20lbs heavier walking around, taller, faster, a better striker, I would think stronger too. GSP's only shot is to get him to the ground and make it a boring lay and pray UD but this isn't a WW he is trying to muscle down.

I would expect a total mismatch if it happened.

Comment

Silva V GSP has to happen, all the people calling for Jones v Silva wait a fuking sec your being dumb. Both have held there respective weightclasses down for 5+ title defenses and are 20 pounds away... Let Jones fight Evans, Rampage then maybe Silva!!!

And as Saturday gets closer i think Jake Shields may ware GSP down!

Comment

Working...
                    X