Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs. Steve Cunningham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wait he beat the ultra defensive 'slickster' Kevin Johnson. Another fat bum who has done absolutely nothing but manage to run from Vitali for 12 rounds.

Kevin ''Kingpin'' Johnson, the guy who gets excused everytime.

Got beaten up by Sosnowski and received a gift, outboxed by Tor Hamer who Glazkov just exposed but that it is okay Mr Kingpin isn't a 3 round fighter. Yep & he sure isn't a 12 round 'fighter' either.

Comment

To be fair as i thought that Cunningham beat Adamek i reckon he has the better single win than Fury. However this is not a step up for Tyson, and the size difference should be too much. But Cunningham comes in shape, is known in the states a little at least, and has been a World Champ so its not horrible.

Fury still has youth on his side so i can forgive him a slight downward step for now. When he is 28-30 and still not stepping up then we can criticize him more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon_Gekko View Post
        I take your points, but wins over Chisora and Johnson (even Rogan) are anything better than Price has. Tyson is 24, and 20 fights into his career. Why should he be in a rush to fight seasoned pro's like the Klitschko's. He's moving up the rankings and Cunningham is a decent fight to take. Cunningham is a H/W; whether he is big or small isn't particularly relevant as he is a good boxer. Fair enough if you aren't a fan; but it's a hard argument to take the flip side and back Price and the quality of his opposition.

To use your question - who is Price's best win? Audley Harrison? Matt Skelton? Tony Thompson is a step in the right direction, but you will see that Maloney will not put Price in with anyone who has big power as he knows he has dodgy whiskers.

In regards to your previous post ''all of his twenty opponents have weighed between 245lb-270lb?'' you do realise that is Furys weight & not his opponents, right?

I'm not implying Price has the better resume atm
        Though I genuinely believe Thompson is far better than Chisora & Johnson.
        More asking when the hell is Fury planning on fighting somebody near his own size?
        He does all this talking, calling everybody out & I only see him fighting cruiserweights.

Its also funny you should say that, when was the last time Fury fought anyone with power?
        I'd argue Price had actually been in with the harder punchers of the two in Skelton, Butler & Audrey.

Comment

This will be an interesting match, but I think Fury will be to big. I agree, Fury needs to man up and take his beating from Price like a man. I he steps up and fights Price, Helenius, Pulev, Haye, Wilder or either Klitschko I expect him to get KTFO.

Comment

Good fight, make it happen.

Fury flattens him

Comment

I don't like the size mismatch and think it could be telling

Who do you think would win if Price and Fury fought this year Freedom? Based on what you have seen

Comment

That is a VERY intriguing matchup.....I'm not sure who I'd pick either.

Comment

Fury TKO10

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                    I don't like the size mismatch and think it could be telling

Who do you think would win if Price and Fury fought this year Freedom? Based on what you have seen
                    Based on what I've seen it's close to a 50-50 fight.

It would either be a decision win for Fury (his skills are underrated) or a KO win for Price.

If I had to choose, I'd say Fury by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Based on what I've seen it's close to a 50-50 fight.

It would either be a decision win for Fury (his skills are underrated) or a KO win for Price.

If I had to choose, I'd say Fury by decision.
                      I agree Fury does have underrated skills and he has tightened his defence recently,i'm a huge fan of price though and think his power could tell the difference,be interesting to see how he handles Thompson thats a decent match-up imo

Comment

Working...
                      X