No announcement yet.

Reality Check for Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clmags12 View Post
    The reason why people were against Marquez is his weight. Manny was fighting bigger dudes and Juan's performance against Floyd @ WW (catchweight).

Manny and Juan are the same size.
    ppl werent againts marquez. they were against the fight. pac is supposed to be the top fighter in thw world, blowing these "bigger" guys outta the water. marquez was not a ww, struggled with both katsidis and diaz and he lost to mayweather. how is it possible that he still did that to the top fighter in the world? pacs team didnt expect it, the world didnt either. this is all on pac.

Comment

Originally posted by hypodermical View Post
      Pac won a very close fight. This is not a thread to debate who won the fight.

But Im actually kinda glad that it was another war. In every sport, complacency is the downfall of all great athletes and teams. Pac has been steamrolling through competition for too long. He needed this close fight to remind him that hard work and good preparation are what will win the megafights (floyd).

I hope Pac and his camp realizes that he doesn't automatically win just because he is the better athlete, fighter, etc. This is why we love sports.
      Sorry dude, but reality check for you too. After that effort last night Pac would be absolutely embarrassed and destroyed by Mayweather, his only chance is to start boxing like he use to... aggressive, angles and overwhelming opponents with speed. He aint no technical boxer, Freddy Roach has some explaining to do...

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        ppl werent againts marquez. they were against the fight. pac is supposed to be the top fighter in thw world, blowing these "bigger" guys outta the water. marquez was not a ww, struggled with both katsidis and diaz and he lost to mayweather. how is it possible that he still did that to the top fighter in the world? pacs team didnt expect it, the world didnt either. this is all on pac.
        I'm a huge Manny fan, but his last few performances were disappointments. His focus needs to be 100% on beating up his opponent.

I think everyone myself included, put Manny up too high for him to have a crappy night and bad matchmaking. He's only human.

Comment

Pac won a very close fight. This is not a thread to debate who won the fight.

But Im actually kinda glad that it was another war. In every sport, complacency is the downfall of all great athletes and teams. Pac has been steamrolling through competition for too long. He needed this close fight to remind him that hard work and good preparation are what will win the megafights (floyd).

I hope Pac and his camp realizes that he doesn't automatically win just because he is the better athlete, fighter, etc. This is why we love sports.
          JMM just a tough style for pac and JMM has the natural athleticism to exploit it.

Comment

Originally posted by jaddy21 View Post
            Sorry dude, but reality check for you too. After that effort last night Pac would be absolutely embarrassed and destroyed by Mayweather, his only chance is to start boxing like he use to... aggressive, angles and overwhelming opponents with speed. He aint no technical boxer, Freddy Roach has some explaining to do...
            Who the hell said pac was a technical boxer? Pac is fast as hell, crazy angles, ko power, crazy work rate, and unorthodox. I think his boxing is good, but only idiots would say that he wins because of his technical boxing skills.

I still think pac has the best chance to beat floyd and vice versa. People want to see pac vs floyd because it would be an interesting match, and their styles are made for each other just like pac vs jmm. You can't compare their fights vs JMM though, fight triangles do not work.

Having said that, pac and roach need a better game plan against floyd, and pac needs to remain in control the whole fight, i thought he got impatient in the middle rounds, and he didn't listen to his corner when they told him to circle him right instead of left. that's when he had his most success.

Comment

I've always told my friends that floyd is just waiting for pac to age a bit more, since when they are both older and slower, the more technically sound boxer will surely win. Once pac loses his speed, he will not beat floyd.

Comment

I'm glad the fight went the way it did because Manny will adjust and Floyd is going to take the bait.

Comment

I agree with DempseyRoller.

Roach making Manny a 'more' technical boxer actually made it easier for Marquez to beat him. His being inpredictable was what kept him somewhat afloat against his Achilles heel - JMM's Style.

Comment

Who the hell said pac was a technical boxer? Pac is fast as hell, crazy angles, ko power, crazy work rate, and unorthodox. I think his boxing is good, but only idiots would say that he wins because of his technical boxing skills.
                    Well he had none of that on display, I think you completely misunderstood what I said. Freddy tried to have Pacman boxing technically, he isn't a boxer, he's a fighter. I'm a Pacman fan, the unpredictable dynomo Pacman who blasts the opponent, not the over thinking unsure of who he was fighter that appeared last night. Marquez is a boxer, Manny tried to box him not fight him. Manny looked second rate because that isn't his natural fighting style. Manny's previous fights with Marquez shows you what the contest can be like if both boxers use their natural fighting instincts, Manny blasting and Marquez countering, then we see who is the best come what may.

Mayweather v Manny isn't an interesting fight its a complete embarrassment for Manny if he continues to fight in that vein. And I'm not sure what you mean by "that's when he had the most success". That would imply he was doing something right, which he didn't, period. Marquez made him look ordinary and completely outclassed him in all aspects. Manny won 4 rounds maximum but more likely 2 or 3.
                    Last edited by jaddy21; 11-14-2011, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaddy21 View Post
                      Well he had none of that on display, I think you completely misunderstood what I said. Freddy tried to have Pacman boxing technically, he isn't a boxer, he's a fighter. I'm a Pacman fan, the unpredictable dynomo Pacman who blasts the opponent, not the over thinking unsure of who he was fighter that appeared last night. Marquez is a boxer, Manny tried to box him not fight him. Manny looked second rate because that isn't his natural fighting style. Manny's previous fights with Marquez shows you what the contest can be like if both boxers use their natural fighting instincts, Manny blasting and Marquez countering, then we see who is the best come what may.

Mayweather v Manny isn't an interesting fight its a complete embarrassment for Manny if he continues to fight in that vein. And I'm not sure what you mean by "that's when he had the most success". That would imply he was doing something right, which he didn't, period. Marquez made him look ordinary and completely outclassed him in all aspects. Manny won 4 rounds maximum but more likely 2 or 3.
                      Are you trying to say that pac was a better fighter when he was a straight up brawler??? ie morales 1 ? Are you kidding me?! Manny's natural speed and power with the technical boxing that he gained from Roach made him better.

I do agree that Pac tried to outbox JMM too much, meaning he was way too conservative and cautious. But that doesn't mean that he should've gone full brawler mode instead. It should've been somewhere in the middle.

Go watch the fight again and watch when Pac was moving to his right, JMM's left. that's when he was getting JMM and JMM was unable to counter since Pac would be almost behind him after. Then Pac's corner told him to keep doing that, but he didn't listen.

Marquez outclassed Pac? Really? I respect your opinion if you think JMM won the CLOSE FIGHT. But to say that JMM outclassed Pac is plain ******! Did you see JMM's face after the fight? The DEFENSIVE fighter got hit more, that's why he lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X