Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ward: After We Destroy Froch, We Want Calzaghe!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh man this is pretty sad...Is Ward broke or something? Calling out dudes well into retirement? He's literally desperate for a big money fight.

A prime Calzaghe makes Ward look silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
      Oh man this is pretty sad...Is Ward broke or something? Calling out dudes well into retirement? He's literally desperate for a big money fight.

A prime Calzaghe makes Ward look silly.
      Even a long retired, ring rusty, coked up Calzaghe makes him look silly by losing a very narrow decision.

I'm also pretty sure this is how Rocky 6 started...

Comment

• If they fought Prime for Prime i'd favor Ward because Ward has already proven early in his career that he could defeat top ranked fighters over and over again. In Calzaghe's prime he didn't have a career meaningful fight. the fights that are meaningful in his resume is wins over a Shot Jones jr. and a debatable against Hopkins.

Comment

• We want to fight the best.................................just as long as they have been retired for 6 years first.

Comment

• Originally posted by dde91 View Post
            If they fought Prime for Prime i'd favor Ward because Ward has already proven early in his career that he could defeat top ranked fighters over and over again. In Calzaghe's prime he didn't have a career meaningful fight. the fights that are meaningful in his resume is wins over a Shot Jones jr. and a debatable against Hopkins.
            What about prime, undefeated Kessler and prime Bika? You know, two of the four wins that define Wards's illustrious career. Ward has wins over Edison Miranda and Shelby Pudwill as some of his best wins.......I swear somehow people got this impression that Ward has been fighting top level elites his entire career. Dude has 26 fights and only 4 weren't against complete cans. One was by draining a 175 pounder down to 168. Sure, ATG right there baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by dde91 View Post
              If they fought Prime for Prime i'd favor Ward because Ward has already proven early in his career that he could defeat top ranked fighters over and over again. In Calzaghe's prime he didn't have a career meaningful fight. the fights that are meaningful in his resume is wins over a Shot Jones jr. and a debatable against Hopkins.
              So when Froch beats a shopworn Kessler (in his second try) he's a legend, but when Calzaghe beats a prime undefeated Kessler it's not a meaningful win? Lacy was ranked #3 and Kessler #2 when Calzaghe (#1) fought them; it's funny how easily people forget these things...

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                So when Froch beats a shopworn Kessler (in his second try) he's a legend, but when Calzaghe beats a prime undefeated Kessler it's not a meaningful win? Lacy was ranked #3 and Kessler #2 when Calzaghe (#1) fought them; it's funny how easily people forget these things...
                after calzaghe had been champ for ten years. i don't remember froch fighting bums for ten years after becoming champ.also lacy was crap on a stick. all the super 6 guys and even the reserves destroy him. it was a very very weak division while calzaghe hid there.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  you need an emergency appointment with reality. calzaghe wasn't landing and was being countered. a perceptive boxing fan can see this. calzaghe "seemed" to be there to fight, but in reality it was hopkins landing all the clean punches and making calzaghe miss all his aka boxing. "being there to fight" means nothing when it comes to scoring a boxing match. they were both "there" it was hopkins who was "there" landing punches and it was calzaghe who was "there" missing.
                  Not sure we were watching the same fight

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    after calzaghe had been champ for ten years. i don't remember froch fighting bums for ten years after becoming champ.also lacy was crap on a stick. all the super 6 guys and even the reserves destroy him. it was a very very weak division while calzaghe hid there.
                    Yeah, the mighty Super Six guys like Jermaine Taylor coming off 3 losses (incl. 2 KOs), 5'9 pigmy orangutan Arthur Abraham moving up from 160, 50 year old Glenn Johnson, Allan "The Bum" Green, etc.

You can't scratch the fact that Lacy and Kessler were the two top Super middleweights (outside of Calzaghe) when Joe fought them; he also beat a prime Sakio Bika (a lesser version gave Ward his toughest fight).Hopkins was also the lineal champ at 175.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Not sure we were watching the same fight
                      i can find a picture of guerrero hitting floyd i guess guerrero won? hopkins outlanded calzaghe in most of the rounds. it's not an opinion. it's a fact. we have video replay. it's been looked over to death and confirmed. continuing to believe something that has been debunked isn't healthy. i can see how you were confused watching it live but there's no excuse now. hopkins landed the cleaner punches nearly every time in the exchanges. go watch it again if you want to find out the truth. hopkins defense was just too good. he should get credit for that since that's an actual scoring criteria and missing isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X