Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse/Maidana/Rios - Who hits harder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthysse/Maidana/Rios - Who hits harder?

This isn't about who's better it's about plain power! Out of Lucas Matthysse, Chino Maidana and Bam Bam Rios, who is the harder hitter? Rank and discuss. My personal opinion is

1. Maidana
    2. Matthysse
    3. Bam Bam

1. Matthysse
    2. Maidana
    3. Bam Bam

Comment

are you nuts?

mathysse and rios break guys down. mathysse's power is very overrated.

maidana is very crude, but he's a much bigger puncher with either hand.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        are you nuts?

mathysse and rios break guys down. mathysse's power is very overrated.

maidana is very crude, but he's a much bigger puncher with either hand.
        A lot of guys i know are discussing this, so I just decided to ask the question on the forum.

If you actually check my post though, I agree with you about Chino, thats why I have him first! Although I really don't agree with you regarding Rios and Matthysse being over rated power wise, G. Foreman and Sonny Liston broke guys down as well but we agree they were powerful punchers!

Comment

Maidana, Rios, Matthyse

Comment

1. Matthysse 2. Maidana 3. Ríos

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
              A lot of guys i know are discussing this, so I just decided to ask the question on the forum.

If you actually check my post though, I agree with you about Chino, thats why I have him first! Although I really don't agree with you regarding Rios and Matthysse being over rated power wise, G. Foreman and Sonny Liston broke guys down as well but we agree they were powerful punchers!

yes, the "are you nuts?" was probably more of a rhetorical device to outline the gap in power, and not direct at you, the thread starter. my bad.

both foreman and liston could get a man going at any time with either hand, but they weren't really sharpshooters, or waiting for the big punches, as you alluded to. they had great jabs and long arms. foreman did less breaking down and more economical punching in his comeback.

and though patterson was very small, liston stopped him twice in the first when he was at or around his best (a champ, coming off of two stoppage W over johansen.) how much did he really "need" to break a guy down? he was fighting durable fighters, so it happened that way. rios and mathysse need to break guys down. mathysse hit ajose with the kitchen sink in their last fight. he tee'd off on soto.

maidana doesn't have the skills to do that, but if he landed cleanly on ajose like that he would get him out of there in much less time.

mathysse isn't an overrated fighter in my eyes. he's been matched tough and you can make the argument that he's never lost. his power is overrated, IMO

Comment

i think maidana has the bigger punch, it literally is a game changer. matthysse is a vicious body puncher and breaks people down that way but we've seen him put many guys on their ass with one shot to the chin too. that's serious pop.

Comment

Matthysse
                  Maidana
                  Rios

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    yes, the "are you nuts?" was probably more of a rhetorical device to outline the gap in power, and not direct at you, the thread starter. my bad.

both foreman and liston could get a man going at any time with either hand, but they weren't really sharpshooters, or waiting for the big punches, as you alluded to. they had great jabs and long arms. foreman did less breaking down and more economical punching in his comeback.

and though patterson was very small, liston stopped him twice in the first when he was at or around his best (a champ, coming off of two stoppage W over johansen.) how much did he really "need" to break a guy down? he was fighting durable fighters, so it happened that way. rios and mathysse need to break guys down. mathysse hit ajose with the kitchen sink in their last fight. he tee'd off on soto.

maidana doesn't have the skills to do that, but if he landed cleanly on ajose like that he would get him out of there in much less time.

mathysse isn't an overrated fighter in my eyes. he's been matched tough and you can make the argument that he's never lost. his power is overrated, IMO
                    I like that, great comment! but in my eyes anyway, Ajose was just a tough SOB who didn't know when he had enough. Just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                    X