Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is done.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is just a bad matchup for Manny. Floyds shoulder roll against an undersized WW is just too much for Manny to overcome, at any time in his carreer.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      All manny did was fight highly skilled boxers who employed movement. Manny has never been proficient at cutting off the ring and also leaves himself open for counters when pressing for the KO. He just fought fights that forced him to adapt to styles outtside his comfort zone. He wasn't able to do it. Doesn't mean he's finished.

WHether you do "offcially" or "unofficially" Manny is either 2-0 or 1-1 in his last 2 fights against 2 of the top 8 p4p fighters in the world. The only problem is that Manny fought them at a weight manny for Manny to look good so as to hype the floyd fight more.

I agree Floyd would beat manny, but its not because Manny is done or retired or cashing out. Its because Floyd has too much skill and movement for manny to handle. Plus he has a long reach which he knows how to use. floyds strengths expose manny's weaknesses.

TR wisely matched him against fighters that stood in front of him and didn't move to much, whcih played to Manny's strength. To manny's credit he beat Mosley and Bradley easily. He had another tough one with JMM but they always have close fights.
      people were saying he would smash marquez just because it was at 147. but people fail to recognize the fact that marquez is the same size as pacquiao pretty much. same weight also. it was always going to be a close fight just like their last 2.

the people that thought this was at 147 so pacquiao could smash marquez are not the sharpest tool in the box.

somebody like collazo would give pacquiao problems at 147 aswell just because of the size difference. pac is a junior welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
        great for another fighter maybe, but not as good as alot of people expected him to look. cotto had his moments when everyone else was saying he was going to get gatti'd.
        you have to bear in mind that the fact cotto isn't ****e like gatti was, and the fact that he had a superb trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
          you have to bear in mind that the fact cotto isn't ****e like gatti was, and the fact that he had a superb trainer.
          while true, floyd is still 5 years older and a step slower. he's just not as fast as he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by larry money x View Post
            Floyd looked great in his last fight fighting Cotto at 154(no catchweight)
            no he did'nt and not becuase he's slowed down either...its becuase floyd does'nt look good vs fighter puts a lot of pressure..

truth is manny looks good againts fighters that floyd looks bad and vice vesa

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
              great for another fighter maybe, but not as good as alot of people expected him to look. cotto had his moments when everyone else was saying he was going to get gatti'd.
              Most people like you are quick to give cotto credit for not getting "Gatti'd" but fail to give mayweather credit for fighting the best cotto we have seen before he got Margoritoed...

from what I see mayweather fought a great fight and gave the fans what they wanted instead of fighting from the outside which he could have done all night..

I don't know if manny is done but i do know it looks like he has lost something but i think his handlers did him a disservice by allowing him to fight these fighters at a catch weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$trO View Post
                Most people like you are quick to give cotto credit for not getting "Gatti'd" but fail to give mayweather credit for fighting the best cotto we have seen before he got Margoritoed...

from what I see mayweather fought a great fight and gave the fans what they wanted instead of fighting from the outside which he could have done all night..

I don't know if manny is done but i do know it looks like he has lost something but i think his handlers did him a disservice by allowing him to fight these fighters at a catch weight.
                the best cotto?...how , coz floyd struggled with him? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$trO View Post

He did and I was very impressed by Cotto that night. A far cry from the fighter who lacked confidence and, more importantly, lacked a trainer when he fought Pacquiao in 2009.

Comment

i agree tho , pac is far from the same fighter he once was...the killerinstinct is gone, the workrate, the hunger aint there anymore..

Comment

Manny just been fighting dudes who can think a bit better than most...thats all!!....if he struggles with somebody like Rios...then he's declining....until I see him struggle with a tailor made opponent I'm not believing that he's done or whatever....eventually he was gonna have to fight some Matadors...can't feed him all Bulls and expect ppl not to get hip

Comment

Working...
                      X