Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Thomas Hearns had a decent chin.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone noticed that Thomas Hearns is NOT (yet) in the Boxing Hall of Fame?

He sure as hell deserves to be...

Comment

If Hearns was around today, fighting 12 rounders at WW, he'd be just fine.

And yeah, rather surprising to learn he's not in the HOF, yet.

Comment

he's not in now, i'd assume, because he has fought within the last five years. please correct me if i am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
          he's not in now, i'd assume, because he has fought within the last five years. please correct me if i am wrong.
          That is correct

Comment

He last fought in Feb of 06 so maybe next year he gets in?

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
              Good catch, I forgot all about those two fights, without which he'd most assuredly be in already. One reason why I've been calling on Holyfield and Jones Jr to retire.

Comment

Hearns had a descent chin. You don't beat some of the guys that he did without a descent beard. So he was stopped by Ray Leonard, that was mostly due to a lack of stamina. Was stopped by Marvin Hagler in a brutal war (where his legs weren't right to start the fight) and was surprised by Barkley when he dropped him. While Barkley was not a great technical boxer he did have great punching power as did Hagler. And Hearns was giving Hagler a hell of a run and beating the **** out of Barkley when the ko's happened. A fighter stands the chance of getting dropped every time that he steps into fight. Great chin or not anybody can be dropped with the properly placed shot.

Just look at the fighters that did stop him and then look at the long list of fighters that did not stop him. Thomas Hearns had a descent chin.........Rockin'

Comment

If Joe Louis had the attitude of a young George Foreman.....

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    If Joe Louis had the attitude of a young George Foreman.....
                    I think there would be a few in ring deaths

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                      I think there would be a few in ring deaths
                      I think you're right.....

Comment

Working...
                      X