No announcement yet.

I enjoyed the Wlad fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoyed the Wlad fight

I thought that was an exciting fight. Good performance from Wlad and huge props too Wach for showing heart.

It was still a giant waste of time. There's no way around that.

Honestly, Wlad should fight 2-3 more years and clean out these younger fighters and retire. The talent level is so low at HW that it's just sad.

Povetkin, Fury/Boytsov, Pulev, Mitchell, and call it a career.

Comment

I agree, very one sided but it was exciting. My god Wach is one tough mofo!

Love how Wladimir set a fast pace and was less cautious than usual, letting his hands go and at times showing blistering handspeed for such a giant.

Comment

thought it was entertaining too, dominating performance but wach showed great heart and kept a spark of excitment going - would have been more interesting if wach had landed that shot a minute or so earlier
        Last edited by Daddy T; 11-10-2012, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Honestly, Wlad should fight 2-3 more years and clean out these younger fighters and retire. The talent level is so low at HW that it's just sad.

Povetkin, Fury/Boytsov, Pulev, Mitchell, and call it a career.
          It was exciting I didn't see it as a waste of time. Wlad has still got 3-4 years left so everyone will get it

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I agree, very one sided but it was exciting. My god Wach is one tough mofo!

Love how Wladimir set a fast pace and was less cautious than usual, letting his hands go and at times showing blistering handspeed for such a giant.
            I agree dan he threw over 700 punches. That's amazing for such a big guy and his speed was elite. Top class

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Not anymore of a waste then spending our time in here posting on a forum, ya know.

I agree he should clean out the division. But I disagree that he should retire. He should continue the cleaning process for another 7 years and focus on increasing his Title defense record.

Remember, it's not about the individual opponents so much anymore, but mere stats and numbers. 20 Title defenses should be his goal. 70 wins should be a personal goal he should set. 70 wins is unheard of these days unless you're being brought up in the Mexican boxing system like Canelo and Chavez Jr.

Comment

It was a great showcase of skill.

Loved Wlad's insane jab, his combo's and his rights. Loved the fight.

Comment

After a fighter is called boring, I often hear the excuse, "It's not his fault he's so dominant". The assumption being that you can't have exciting watchable fights because the opponent can't compete, but this Wlad performance proves otherwise.

Comment

yeah i was excited even thought it was one sided. I think it really shows how much versatility Wlad has. Dude right now is the total package. If that Wlad showed up in this form with anyone now, no one will touch him. That could be partly good matchmaking but i think wach's chin is just that good. I do wish wlad went to the body to test him a bit in the later rounds, but i'm sure he didn't want to leave any openings.

Comment

Working...
                    X