No announcement yet.

**2013 NBA Playoffs Thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
    Tim Duncan is great but I don't think there's anyway in hell that he's a top 5 player of all time. Players I would rank ahead of Duncan:
    Jordan
    Abdul Jabar
    Magic
    Bird
    Chamberlin
    Olajuwon
    Kobe

Even ranking McHale or Robertson ahead of Duncan is reasonable imo. Where was Tim the last couple of years? He didn't do **** the last couple of seasons. Where was he when the Thunder spanked the Spurs in 4 straight last year?

mchale and dream were unstoppable in the paint with their vast array of post moves.

duncan was getting shut down by a past prime karl malone. the same karl malone who in his prime was getting destroyed by olajuwon.

Comment

• Paul George is having his coming out party this series.

Comment

Tim Duncan is great but I don't think there's anyway in hell that he's a top 5 player of all time. Players I would rank ahead of Duncan:
        Jordan
        Abdul Jabar
        Magic
        Bird
        Chamberlin
        Olajuwon
        Kobe

Even ranking McHale or Robertson ahead of Duncan is reasonable imo. Where was Tim the last couple of years? He didn't do **** the last couple of seasons. Where was he when the Thunder spanked the Spurs in 4 straight last year?
        C'mon now , u are better than that..u had me going til this ..

Comment

• Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
          C'mon now , u are better than that..u had me going til this ..
          McHale was a hell of a player. I don't argue with anyone who says that Tim was better. The guys I listed are the guys who are no doubt better than Tim in my mind

Comment

• WAR HEAT!!!!

Game 3 is going to be tough. The Heat need a big game from our outside shooters like Battier, Allan and Chalmers. Home court advantage is crucial in the conference and NBA finals, I think the refs are going to be calling some bull**** on the Heat

Comment

McHale was a hell of a player. I don't argue with anyone who says that Tim was better. The guys I listed are the guys who are no doubt better than Tim in my mind
              I know mchale was a beast , But U said u wouldn't have a problem having him ranked ahead of Duncan ..

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                Duncan is not better than hakeem. stop that nonsense right now.

If your reasoning is he was the man on more championship teams then russell would be greater than him. he wasnt even the "man" in their last title, it was tony parker.

Duncan is a great player no doubt but his success is due more to the fact that he played his entire career with basically a hall of fame coach, hall of fame front office and franchise, and always had hall of fame teammates.

If the spurs didnt purposely sit a healthy robinson and shamelessly tanked and duncan was instead selected by the sixers or the celtics he wouldnt be as great as he is today. he certainy wouldnt have the resume in terms of winning.

Duncan my have the better resume than hakeem and kobe but he certainly wasnt better than them as a singular individual player/talent.

not even close.
                He didn't have anything close to a Hall of Fame teammate when he dragged the Spurs to a title in 2003, and he was absolutely the man when they beat the Cavs for his fourth title. Parker won Finals MVP, but he was not better than Duncan that season or those playoffs.

Yeah, players win multiple championships in good systems with other great players. So what? That applies to everyone. It doesn't change how incredible Duncan has been throughout his entire career. The Spurs never won anything without him, they didn't become great until he showed up. No matter where Duncan went, he was going to be great.

Duncan's longevity is absolutely insane. Only Kareem compares. Duncan has the stats, he has the rings, he has the team and singular accomplishments, he has the memorable performances, he has the impact both offensively and defensively, and he's done it consistently for 16 seasons. He deserves so much more respect than he gets in ATG conversations.

Comment

• Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
                  I know mchale was a beast , But U said u wouldn't have a problem having him ranked ahead of Duncan ..
                  Where do u rank Duncan and McHale?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    He didn't have anything close to a Hall of Fame teammate when he dragged the Spurs to a title in 2003, and he was absolutely the man when they beat the Cavs for his fourth title. Parker won Finals MVP, but he was not better than Duncan that season or those playoffs.

Yeah, players win multiple championships in good systems with other great players. So what? That applies to everyone. It doesn't change how incredible Duncan has been throughout his entire career. The Spurs never won anything without him, they didn't become great until he showed up. No matter where Duncan went, he was going to be great.

Duncan's longevity is absolutely insane. Only Kareem compares. Duncan has the stats, he has the rings, he has the team and singular accomplishments, he has the memorable performances, he has the impact both offensively and defensively, and he's done it consistently for 16 seasons. He deserves so much more respect than he gets in ATG conversations.
                    Explain how Duncan has demonstrated better longevity than Kobe. Kobe has been in the league for seventeen years since he was 17 years old. Kobe is STILL a top 10 player in the league, can you say the same for Duncan?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

2003? vs the mighty new jersey nets?

2003 spurs team that had 4 hall of famers in duncan, david robinson, tony parker, and manu ginobili?

lmfaaoo at dragging a team with 3 other hall of famers.

Duncan is great and most likely will have a better resume but he is not better than hakeem or kobe as a individual/singular talent.

None of his championship teams ever repeated either and he played in an absolutely weak era of big men and during the beginning stages of the stern pussification era of no hand check offensively inclined nba.

He wouldnt have 4 championships if he wasnt drafted by the spurs and if he played in the glory years of big men in the 80s and early 90s against hakeem, shaq, ewing, robinson, barkley, malone, mcchale, mutombo etc...

Comment

Working...
                      X