Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I told you guys Khan did not deserve to fight Floyd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing really how Khan thought he was "elite". I think it puts it into perspective how overrated he was. He thought because he sparred and trained with Pac he was on the upper level. It makes me laugh to think throughout history (even in the last 5 - 10 years) how many people would have killed him in the ring around his weight. Kosta, Cotto, Hatton, Mosley, The Punisher, Mayweather, Pac, Hoya, Corrales, Castillo.....
    I mean the list really is endless... He is nowhere near any sort of elite level. The guy is, was and always will be a bum.
    He is just this big bundle of energy but he can't just sit down and relax and ease into a fight... he has to run around and panic.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      I don't get the "deserved" thing. Floyd had no problem fighting a half-dead Sharmba Mitchell or a beat up Zab Judah.

The issue that some Floyd fans hold dear for some reason is money, and it's really a shame Khan lost, because Khan would have been the second biggest money fight out there for Floyd had he won.

Khan-Floyd, revenue all over the place, UK, USA, plenty of ppv's to split.
      Fight would have been massive.

Of course Floyd would win but that's not even the focus.

I mean money has been his focus. I don't get where this deserving stuff comes from. Maybe from us as fans, but not for the people getting paid.

Khan losing sucks for Floyd too if he can't get Packy.
      What does this mean?? Cause it sounds like you're saying that it doesn't matter if Khan has no chance as long as the fight sells. Is that it?? Doesn't matter if Khan is a no-hoper, the fight makes money so that's what counts??

Floyd can fight Khan because it's a big money fight while being considered a god among fighters? While other fighters fight credible opponents & don't get recognized because they don't earn as much, what the hell??

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        styles make fights

khan would have almost certainly lasted the distance against mayweather. he would have lost, but he would have gone 12 if he didn't completely gas (which he probably wouldnt against a guy who keeps a pace like mayweather,)

garcia was throwing bombs, getting very wide, and selling out to generate power. floyd doesnt fight like that.
        Floyd would flatten Khan.

Comment

I don't get the "deserved" thing. Floyd had no problem fighting a half-dead Sharmba Mitchell or a beat up Zab Judah.

The issue that some Floyd fans hold dear for some reason is money, and it's really a shame Khan lost, because Khan would have been the second biggest money fight out there for Floyd had he won.

Khan-Floyd, revenue all over the place, UK, USA, plenty of ppv's to split.
          Fight would have been massive.

Of course Floyd would win but that's not even the focus.

I mean money has been his focus. I don't get where this deserving stuff comes from. Maybe from us as fans, but not for the people getting paid.

Khan losing sucks for Floyd too if he can't get Packy.
          Yes, Khan would have brought in the bucks .... and that is what made sense from their stand point ....

but Khan had yet to face a WW. So many questions with that being said:
          - Can Khan withstand a WW punch?
          - Can Khan adjust in time (ie. fight Floyd next) with the additional weight?
          - Can Khan perform well at WW against the bigger WW?

but as the rumor became close to being a fact, the last couple of days, more of Floyd fans were shooting out excuses such as " ..... but Khan is bigger than Floyd."

Comment

he makes a hell of alot of mistakes i was suprised at how he dropped his hands so much, i knew he was gonna get rocked sooner or later! he showed heart tho but hes not ready for floyd and never will be, he needs to switch trainers and come back strong

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              What does this mean?? Cause it sounds like you're saying that it doesn't matter if Khan has no chance as long as the fight sells. Is that it?? Doesn't matter if Khan is a no-hoper, the fight makes money so that's what counts??

Floyd can fight Khan because it's a big money fight while being considered a god among fighters? While other fighters fight credible opponents & don't get recognized because they don't earn as much, what the hell??
              Yes.
              That's the sad truth of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                Yes, Khan would have brought in the bucks .... and that is what made sense from their stand point ....

but Khan had yet to face a WW. So many questions with that being said:
                - Can Khan withstand a WW punch?
                - Can Khan adjust in time (ie. fight Floyd next) with the additional weight?
                - Can Khan perform well at WW against the bigger WW?

but as the rumor became close to being a fact, the last couple of days, more of Floyd fans were shooting out excuses such as " ..... but Khan is bigger than Floyd."

The bold, Khan really isn't bigger than Floyd. He might be longer, but he's a weak fighter, with suspect stamina& a glass chin. I don't care how much money Khan would bring he had no business fighting Floyd & being flattened Garcia reinforces that fact.

Comment

Yes.
                  That's the sad truth of it all.
                  Well at least you admit the obvious. Other of Floyd's people will call a win over Khan a great win, claiming Khan was the best at 140. When Alexander beats Bailey, I'd love a Floyd's fan opinion of Alexander-Floyd vs Floyd Khan. Every last Floyd fan can eat crow.

Comment

Just because he didn't deserve it.... doesn't mean he wouldn't get it

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      Just because he didn't deserve it.... doesn't mean he wouldn't get it
                      But is that really a fight that fans can praise Floyd for taking?? is that fight worthy of the majority pfp king. (Ward's higher) to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X