No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: Donaire Focused on Looking Good in Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia: Donaire Focused on Looking Good in Defense

Well-respected trainer Robert Garcia is on the road again, dividing his time between his bases of his personal facility in Oxnard, California and the Undisputed Boxing Gym in San Carlos six hours north.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm gonna start off by saying that based off what I've seen on TV (in between rounds), I think that Garcia is a solid coach. What I don't think he is, is a great coach! It seems to me like one of his biggest mistakes, much like Freddie Roach, is that he's spreading himself too thin! I don't understand why Roberto has to travel up north to train Donaire (and subsequently take Pavlik and Rios up there).

Comment

forget looking good, fight the best in your Division and beat them, looking good against lesser talent fighter does absolutely nothing for what is suppose to be a "TOP P4P Fighter"

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
        forget looking good, fight the best in your Division and beat them, looking good against lesser talent fighter does absolutely nothing for what is suppose to be a "TOP P4P Fighter"
        i feel Nonito will not be effective beyond featherweight. He should probably stick to superbantam through 2013 and only move up to FW in the last stages of his career. He is 29 years old and a bright kid - he could do other things besides boxing to make a living.

Look at his body, it has limitations. He is also shorter than his billed height of 5 foot 7...he looks more like 5-5 as seen in the Vasquez fight.

He's not that tall and he has a very thin frame.

IMO, people are bashing this kid or wanting him to move up in weight when he's already at or close to his weight limit.

i think guys like him and Khan should retire from the sport sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
        X