Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why there was no rematch between hagler and sugar ray leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    What reliable source. It came from Haglers own freakin mouth. Ill take Haglers own words over your opinion anyday.
    you're wrong. hagler wanted a rematch.

Comment

40:20

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        fight was as boring as death.

how anyone could find it entertaining is beyond me.

that fight was reminiscent of thrilla in manila. hagler being frazier (only frazier was better, imo) and SLR as ali

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
          I thought Ray won it but it was close, Hagler didnt try the first 3 rounds he thought unactive Sugar Ray wouldnt last long vs the 160lb power punching king
          I thought Hagler won it but yeah, it was really close. The classic solid, consistent work vs. flashier work type of fight. The 118-110 card was awful.

Comment

hagler retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              I thought Hagler won it but yeah, it was really close. The classic solid, consistent work vs. flashier work type of fight. The 118-110 card was awful.
              on the inside, hagler was tagging leoanard w/ body shots, uppercuts. if this fight happened today, i am w/ you that it could have gone either way.

Comment

Hagler retired right after the fight. He was disgusted with the judges.

I thought Hagler won but it was very close.

Comment

sugar ray leonard, welched on the rematch, with marvelous marvin hagler...yes, marvelous marvin, was disgusted with the decision in the first fight (yeah that 118-110 scorecard was bogus)...

there was a rematch clause in place, and marvelous marvin, chased sugar ray for a year...there is television footage of marvelous marvin, trying to get sugar ray to honor the agreement, to which sugar ray announced another retirement..

the minute marvelous marvin, decided to retire for good, without being able to avenge the loss, sugar ray leonard, came out of retirement, to fight donny lalonde, for the 168/175 lb titles...

marvelous marvin's points loss to sugar ray, remains the only loss on his record, that was unavenged...

Comment

Hagler wanted the rematch, but when Ray didn't want to do it, Hagler simply retired and never fought again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      What reliable source. It came from Haglers own freakin mouth. Ill take Haglers own words over your opinion anyday.
                      Yes I know hence why I stated "That doesn't mean he didn't want the rematch."

The HBO:LN remark was just because it's notoriously inaccurate and is a bad reference in general.

Comment

Working...
                      X