Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About time Golovkin took a real challenge?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
    Who was saying Martinez was the greatest most unstoppable middleweight in the world when he was 30?
    I see, you were complaining about the hype he's carrying, not his potential. Fair enough, the hype is too much, he's barely done anything and looked like ***** vs Ouma. But the list of fighters that have passed up opportunities to fight him is very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      I see, you were complaining about the hype he's carrying, not his potential. Fair enough, the hype is too much, he's barely done anything and looked like ***** vs Ouma. But the list of fighters that have passed up opportunities to fight him is very impressive.
      There's no doubt he's been ducked by quite a few, but he isn't exactly trying to work his way up by fighting middle tier guys. The alternative to Martinez shouldn't be Fernando Guerrero, I'm sure they could have gotten someone better. I don't really have anything against Golovkin, but the hype he gets is too much considering his lack of quality opposition even if that's not entirely his fault. Reminds me too much of Bute, he was looking highly skilled against crap opposition too, it's a different game when you hit the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
        Who was saying Martinez was the greatest most unstoppable middleweight in the world when he was 30?
        great point

Comment

This is the middleweight picture right now:

1. • Sergio Martinez (injured)
          2. • Daniel Geale (Jan vs. Mundine)
          3. • Julio Cesar Chavez Jr (suspended)
          4. • Gennedy Golovkin (Jan. vs ?)
          5. • Peter Quillin (Jan v. Taylor/bum?)
          6. • Dmitry Pirog (injured?)
          7. • Felix Sturm (Feb. v. Soliman)
          8. • Mathew Macklin (nose surgery)
          9. • Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam
          10. • Martin Murray (Nov.24 v. Navarro)
          11. • Grzegorz Proksa
          12. • Darren Barker (Dec 8 vs Hope)
          13. • Andy Lee
          14. • Marco Antonio Rubio (last fought at 168)
          15. • Sebastian Zbik
          16. • Max Bursak
          17. • Osumanu Adama
          18. • Avtandil Khurtsidze
          19. • Sam Soliman (Feb. v. Sturm)
          20. • Brian Vera

The following fighter are available for Golovkin to fight on Jan 19: #6 Pirog (unless he really is still injured after 7 months--ridiculous), #9 N'dam, #13 Andy Lee, #14 Marco Antonio Rubio (165 catchweight?), #15 Zbik (incentive: decent paycheck and shot at a title?), #16 Bursak,#17 Adama, #18 Khurtsidze, #20 Vera, #6 JMW Carlos Molina (Called out GGG).

All those guys I mentioned are good to decent fights, they're all available, I don't see why he can't get at least one of them to fight him on that date. Then again, maybe he can rematch Makoto Fuchigami...

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
            This is the middleweight picture right now:

1. • Sergio Martinez (injured)
            2. • Daniel Geale (Jan vs. Mundine)
            3. • Julio Cesar Chavez Jr (suspended)
            4. • Gennedy Golovkin (Jan. vs ?)
            5. • Peter Quillin (Jan v. Taylor/bum?)
            6. • Dmitry Pirog (injured?)
            7. • Felix Sturm (Feb. v. Soliman)
            8. • Mathew Macklin (nose surgery)
            9. • Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam
            10. • Martin Murray (Nov.24 v. Navarro)
            11. • Grzegorz Proksa
            12. • Darren Barker (Dec 8 vs Hope)
            13. • Andy Lee
            14. • Marco Antonio Rubio (last fought at 168)
            15. • Sebastian Zbik
            16. • Max Bursak
            17. • Osumanu Adama
            18. • Avtandil Khurtsidze
            19. • Sam Soliman (Feb. v. Sturm)
            20. • Brian Vera

The following fighter are available for Golovkin to fight on Jan 19: #6 Pirog (unless he really is still injured after 7 months--ridiculous), #9 N'dam, #13 Andy Lee, #14 Marco Antonio Rubio (165 catchweight?), #15 Zbik (incentive: decent paycheck and shot at a title?), #16 Bursak,#17 Adama, #18 Khurtsidze, #20 Vera, #6 JMW Carlos Molina (Called out GGG).

All those guys I mentioned are good to decent fights, they're all available, I don't see why he can't get at least one of them to fight him on that date. Then again, maybe he can rematch Makoto Fuchigami...
            I dunno what's up with Pirog, haven't heard anything for a while. It'd probably be a good idea for him to have a tuneup coming off an injury. N'Dam dropped his interim belt after repeatedly refusing to face regular champ GG. Lee wants Macklin. Rubio passed on the january date AFAIK. Most of the rest would not get approved by HBO

Comment

Yeah, it's about time he stepped up because so far he's completely unproven.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Co-sign. It would stylistically favor GGG, but at least we know Rubio can take a beating. Hopefully that fight still gets made. Quillin will probably get Rubio though.

Twould be a brutal ass whuppin

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Why don't you reach hard and answer the question...

Isn't it about time he stepped up and fought somebody moderately capable of putting up a fight?
                  He didnt answer because it should be a rhetorical question! Man it's a lot harder than just saying he should fight so and so! A lot of the guys out there don't want any piece of this guy, Pirog dropped out so Proksa showed some balls and stepped up. Kid Chocolate wouldn't take the fight, Geale preferred to fight Mundine, previous to that Sturm ducked him for like 2 years. He's a massive risk, with low monetary reward.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Who was Martinez fighting at 30?
                    >__>...Antonio Margarito....

Not bad if you ask me. Lost, but who cares? Not like he had that GGG hype going into that fight.

Comment

i want to see him in with some of the top guys but I dont think its his fault that these fights are not happening seems more like people just don't want to fight him

Comment

Working...
                      X