No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo at 159.8 Pounds, Lopez at 160 at 7-Day Weigh-in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo at 159.8 Pounds, Lopez at 160 at 7-Day Weigh-in

Canelo Alvarez and Josesito Lopez both had about six pounds to lose in the six days before the weigh-in for their Sept. 15 junior middleweight title bout, according to William Boodhoo, an official with the World Boxing Council.

Alvarez’s weight, 159.8 pounds, was certified Sept. 8 by Dr. Lorenzo Soberanes Maya, and Lopez’s weight of 160 pounds was certified Sept. 8 by Rudy Tellez, according to Boodhoo.

The maximum they could have been was 162 pounds. [Click Here To Read More]

Lopez must have been killing himself to make 140...christ.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      I don't think so. Dude has been trying to gain mass for the fight. Changed up his diet to were he's eating 6 meals a day. Also I don't think he's too concerned about losing weight

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe
        Uhh no. Chances are this guy is bloated with handles around his waste.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

damn 160...

Comment

Agree, heard he was trying to gain weight and hopefully gain mass, so his body could adapt. He is probably going to come in soft, just cause the guy is physically smaller than canelo and its kinda hard to pickup speed and size within that short of a time frame..Hopefully he keeps his speed, cuz that is his strong area I think.

Comment

Lopez isn't in shape. He is too worried about putting the weight on instead of being at a comfortable fighting weight. Lopez will be destroyed.

Comment

Am curious to hear from anyone who has seen these guys in camp (Eaner maybe?) whether or not they both did a weight cut for this. I would guess that they did as Alvarez is usually bigger than 160lbs come fight night.

Comment

A few of Manny el Loco's Hollenbeck Burritos and a little cerveza will make a 5'4" guy weigh 250+. Putting on weight is no problem, but is it fighting weight or a relaxed diet that may result torpor. Lopez is still the underdog, he was chosen for his lack of size, and Alvarez still has all the advantages.

Comment

Id love to see the purses. Guaranteed Lopez is fighting for peanuts. Id expect some Dawson-Ward type purse. 1M+ for one guy while the other is making barely half of it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X